Your Feedback about the default of SJ7

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by Philing31, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Philing31

Philing31 New Member

I would like to have some feedback from the SJ7 users about the stability of the software, the quality of the video, photo ...
    what are the best parameters to optimise the SJ7 for an use under water, on a bike, with a low light, best resolution for the video and the photo ....

I am beginner and your feedback, advises will be very usefull !

thanks

2. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

There is no one magic setting. What I might use for settings may not be what someone else would use. The best thing is try the settings, makes notes about what does, and doesn't work, and go from there.

In general, I prefer V1.15 over V1.20, but that's only a personal bias. AFAIK, V1.20 is stable.
    Photo sample:
    [​IMG]

Video sample:

3. Jason

Jason Moderator

Riding a bike underwater in low light. Hmm.

I'd say start off with everything in Auto and start playing with the settings from there. Just change one setting at a time and see how that looks under different conditions.

For low light shots I'd stick to 25/30 frames per second otherwise your video will be dark and grainy. The SJ7 is one of the better action cameras for low light but it still has a small sensor and will still not be as good as a dslr. Keep the max ISO to 800 to reduce noise. Auto low light works by slowing the frame rate and only works if the fps is over 30 - I don't use it as I set the frame rate to get a constant rate.

It also depends on how much you want to process your video afterwards. Post processing takes time and can improve a video, but it can't do that if the video is poor quality to begin with. Starting with settings on auto will usually give good results, and when it doesn't you'll learn to gauge the scene beforehand. Learning to tweak the settings according to the conditions can improve or worsen a video so it's a good idea to practice with that.

corallino likes this.