Wishlist next product

Discussion in 'Hardware Wishlist' started by Supernewbiepro, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Supernewbiepro

Supernewbiepro New Member

Hi
    I have the sj7 star and my wishlist for a futur product :
    - 4k 60fps
    - Stab 3 axis like sony fdr-3000R (underwater and for snorkelling its very important)
    - bigger battery
    - a better external watch waterproof contrôl like the sony fdr-3000R
    - less hot when he work for long time
    - better image quality for narrow view
    - possibility To change quickly the view angle with the watch undrrwater
    - if possible an optical zoom

sjcam_admin likes this.
  2. kamkar

kamkar Elite

4K/60 do sound tempting, but really my 3.5Ghz quad core Intel I7 computer with 32 Gb ram have a really hard time just processing 4K/30 video.
    But of course if you dont do post processing or just have a strong computer, or only work with little files, then it might be okay.

The OIS of the Sony cameras are also nice, but i am not sure if a system like that can take a beating that action cameras some times get. but the Sony OIS work good indeed.

I dont think optical zoom will ever happen on action cameras, i have destroyed the zoom on 2 camcorders just by having them on board on my Yamaha 660 CCM quad bike, and i am a amateur driver that dont jump that good or far, but i have never crashed my quad with a camera on it.
    I dont think the auto focus and zoom mechanics than take the beating.

Okay it was back after 2005 i had my quad bike and killed camcorders, maybe things have changed now.

But a action camera with pre-focussed quick change lenses, that do sound good to me.

sjcam_admin likes this.
  3. Markus Burkhardt

Markus Burkhardt New Member

Next cam should have been gps inside for geotracking.

f1oren and Dudenow12 like this.
  4. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

Hi Guys!
    Since we are collating all these wonderful suggestions for features/capabilities, it is very easy for our technical staff to be overwhelmed with information.
    Those who want their wishes to be seen must format their request exactly like this (including color):

FEATURE REQUEST: (A very short description of the suggestion, set it in Bold, and in ALLCAPS. Example: VIDEO START/END BEEP)
    Description/Reason: (Make it as short yet as clear as possible. Example: I want to be able to tell if the recording is starting or stopping just by the beep alone)

Then do this for each feature you want to see added.

You may add comments below this format if you have to, without color, like perhaps tell us situations where they would be most useful. Just please, keep it short.

Other comments are either hard to read and get to the actual point, so if they are not formatted this way, only those with a clear idea will be read.
    If your past request isn't formatted yet, please do so, and they'll get included into the report.

Keep them coming guys!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  5. Jason

Jason Moderator

FEATURE REQUEST:4K CLEAN HDMI OUTPUT
    Description/Reason:
    At the minute output for cameras is limited to 1080p which, if you had a camera that recorded at that resolution, was fine. Now with 4k cameras and 4k TVs becoming more common having a 4k output would make more sense. It would also allow the camera to be connected to an external 4k recorder when you really need the best quality video you can get (at the cost of mobility of course)

f1oren, Damian Holt and Troy like this.
  6. Jason

Jason Moderator

FEATURE REQUEST: CAMERAS AVAILABLE WITH DIFFERENT LENS OPTIONS
    Description/Reason: Have different lens configurations available to buy so that users can choose a 170 degree wide angle or a 90 degree less distorted narrow field of view without having to sacrifice quality and resolution using lens correction or in camera FOV settings.

Damian Holt likes this.
  7. Jason

Jason Moderator

FEATURE REQUEST: CAMERAS TO BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO ACCESS POINTS VIA WIFI
    Description/Reason: Add settings for cameras to connect to access points and hotspots so that multiple cameras can me controlled by one app.

f1oren and Damian Holt like this.
  8. Jason

Jason Moderator

FEATURE REQUEST: API LIBRARY/INFO FOR USERS TO CREATE THEIR OWN APPS
    Description/Reason: create a library for access to the camera or publish the API details so users can create their own apps to control the camera (e.g. multiple cameras controlled by an OpenCV app which checks for movement and starts a camera when something comes into shot, tracks them through the shot and records them as they pass from zone to zone, keeping a list of what shots on which cameras are part of each shot)

Damian Holt likes this.
  9. kamkar

kamkar Elite

Since we / sjcam have moved on to more things than action cameras, i have long wanted a dashcam with license plate recognition so i could enter some platen numbers into the camera and have it give a alarm if it spot one of them.
    But i dont think such things are supported in the SOCs normally used for cameras,

10. Harry Sufehmi

Harry Sufehmi New Member

IT Consultant
    Home Page:
    FEATURE REQUEST: USE WIFI 802.11ac for Faster Transfer

Description/Reason:
    802.11ac can transfer with speed 433 mbps / 54 MBps. Current SJCAM wifi is REALLY slow, only 1 or 2 MBps. Trying to transfer 1000 MB video over that is very frustrating.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  11. Harry Sufehmi

Harry Sufehmi New Member

IT Consultant
    Home Page:
    FEATURE REQUEST: MOTORCYCLE CASE FOR ALL PRODUCTS

Description/Reason:
    Waterproof + powerbank-powered for longer running time.

=====
    I ride my motorcycle all day, and it is a nuisance to keep changing the battery every hour.

I have been hit by other vehicle before, and considers SJCAM as an essential safety feature.
    It clearly & visibly deters others from driving recklessly once they noticed my SJCAM.

I simply won't ride without SJCAM on my helmet.

f1oren likes this.
  12. Harry Sufehmi

Harry Sufehmi New Member

IT Consultant
    Home Page:
    FEATURE REQUEST: LICENSE PLATE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE (WINDOWS / CLOUD VERSION)

Description/Reason:
    Law enforcement, help recognized license plates of all parties involved in an accident.

=========
    I have been hit by other vehicle before, and considers SJCAM as an essential safety feature.

I have been in an accident, tried to see the license plate of the perpetrator - but couldn't, because it was blurred due to their high-speed motion.

There are paid software that can do this, but it can be prohibitively expensive.

Perhaps SJCAM can provide a cloud version, which authentic SJCAM owners can use free of charge, or other solution for this.

13. Harry Sufehmi

Harry Sufehmi New Member

IT Consultant
    Home Page:
    FEATURE REQUEST: WATER-REPELLENT LENSE & CASE

Description/Reason:
    Ensuring clear video even during rain / splashes of water

=========

During rain, the video taken by SJCAM is blurred by the water droplets on its waterproof casing.

Once in an incident (red light overrun), I tried to look at the perpetrator's license plate.
    But it was blurred by the water droplets, very unfortunate.

f1oren likes this.
  14. kamkar

kamkar Elite

Not much you can do in a case like that, there are some hydrophobic things you can try to make water peel off faster.

Easy with dashcams as car have wipers.
    SOme CCTV cameras also have wipers, but it is a too large thing to do for a action camera.

15. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

I agree the WiFi transfer process slow. You best option is one with an amazingly high data rate. Move the SD to a reader on your PC. Several Gb of data moved in seconds! [/ grin ]

Barring that, using the SJ7 in mass storage mode makes transfers to a PC very easy.

16. RBEmerson

As long as you don't want an external mic at the same time, the case with the external power cable will meet the requirement to keep the camera dry. It's hard to provide a similar case for all types of external batteries. Wrap a large (50,000 mAh) battery in a plastic bag, keep the opening pointing down to limit rain reaching the battery.

17. RBEmerson

There's little hope of seeing plate recognition on the camera. That's much too specialized. Doing it from a PC (remember moving the SD or using Mass Storage mode) is outside of the scope of the product.

Having a totally droplet-free lens port simply isn't going to happen short of some sort of powered wiper. The port is, AFAIK, plastic. Most wax treatments, that might help with limiting beading, will damage plastic and/or create a smeared image.

18. f1oren

f1oren New Member

to a PC or a smartphone. I transfert all video from two M20 camera to a S7 Edge using a usb cable with OTG

much more convenient than the slow transfer by wifi and in addition I can choose where I copy the files on the phone unlike with the application SJCAM ZONE