wifi not working after installing firmware 1.4.6

Discussion in 'SJ6 LEGEND' started by Ken J, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Ken J

Ken J New Member

I got this sj6 on Friday and was very pleased with the quality, menu interface and that all the features lived up to my expectations. Soon I had installed SJCAM zone (app version 5.1.9) on my android an was very happy with that extension of the features as well.

Next I updated the firmware to the latest, 1.4.6 and after that the WIFI no longer works. The phone connects to the SJ6 but the camera display just shows the wifi logo, used to show the SSID and password. The zone app says it isn't connecting, even if I turn off data on the Android.

Where can I get a copy of the 1.4.5 firmware? Until this problem is fixed I can't use any phone features.

Aside from this hiccup, the camera is really awesome.
    Thanks,
    Ken

2. Ken J

Ken J New Member

update, after visiting the wifi SSID and Password menu options, I made a change to those. After that WiFi mode comes up and then shows the SSID and password again. Still having trouble because the phone wifi is not seeming to connect at all now.

3. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

If you change anything in the WiFi SSID you will need to instruct your phone to delete the previous Wifi setting. On android, just go to the Wifi name, tap and hold, then tap "Forget"
    Then tap search so your new WiFi SSID is recognized.
    I strongly suggest you revert back to firmware version 1.4.5 as the other one (1.4.6) was a beta and was found to have some bugs.
    What's good is that the company saw that and let people know about going back to the stable fw ver1.4.5.

Here's a link here in the forums:
    http://support.sjcamhd.com/support/solutions/articles/9000101553-sj6-legend-latest-firmware

4. Ken J

Ken J New Member

Thank you very much Troy, that did seem to work. I'll try the .bin linked above when I get home. Looks like it has a creation date = last Wednesday and the one I previously downloaded was created Friday.

P.S. I appreciate the great response to the forum, keep up the good products and business!

Troy likes this.
  5. ANVAS

ANVAS New Member

Dear I am also in same problume My SJ6 Legend V.1.4.9, i try to update firmware , with same V.1.4.9.
    after that wifi not showing SSID
    Just wifi logo and hang..
    what i can do no

also i change WIFI SSID and Passowrd, i make in android settings "forget"
    but still camera showing only wifi logo