What accessories for what situations?

Discussion in 'SJ6 LEGEND' started by DarkHorse, Jul 23, 2019.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse New Member

Hi,
    Sorry to ask such a noob question, but I just got an SJ6 and can't for the life of me figure out how to use some of these mounting accessories. The bicycle/motorcycle mount and helmet mounts make sense. Can someone point me to a page/diagram that explains the rest of them?

Thank,
    Jeff

2. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

Well, it's really up to you, where you plan to place the camera.
    They're pretty simple once your creativity shows up (mine happens usually after I have coffee in the morning, LOL).
    But seriously, your daily lifestyle will dictate the options.
    I stuck a camera to one of the legs of my electronic drumkit, with the camera pointing upwards from my leg. Makes for a great 3rd angle shot when playing.
    In the car, I stuck a mount on one of the passenger side pillars pointing 45 degrees to the front to capture my movement, and some parts of the trip as seen thru the windows.
    So, it all depends on you and your tasks. Let us know where and how you planted them mounts, would make a great gallery of sorts.
    Cheers!

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I wasn't using my imagination. I was also able to find youtube videos showing another brand with similar accessories (can't post links yet). I'll play around and see what comes up.

4. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

@DarkHorse
    Try timelapse photography with your camera. Or Long-Exposure photography. Do some research on those. I'm sure it will give you more inspiration to try more things.
    Show us your work after, okay?

To start you off with, here's a link to an article I wrote some time ago:
    TIMELAPSE. A BASIC TUTORIAL.
    :