Videos/Pics not showing on computer

Discussion in 'SJ4000 Series' started by Paddy Mc Dermott, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Paddy Mc Dermott

Paddy Mc Dermott New Member

Hi,

I recently borrowed an SJ4000 from my friend for a holiday. When I got the camera from him, it showed 3 or 4 pics/videos on the camera so I did not bother to look through the SD card on the computer.

On my holiday I took quite a lot of videos, which all show up on the camera itself. When I connect the camera to the computer using a USB lead the DCIM folder shows loads of my friends old pics/videos. But none of my new videos show up.

Can anyone help me with this problem? Is the problem that my videos are saved to the camera and not to the SD Card?

2. dbhost

dbhost New Member

Hopefully this doesn't reach you too terribly late, and with any luck this will be helpful.

I don't have my SJ4000 WiFi in front of me so I am going by memory, I will check mine tonight...

As I recall, the DCM folder has a photo, or maybe it is camera folder, and a video folder. Under those folders should be folders with a given date. So for example, say if you are viewing from a Linux box you would see /media/DCM/video/10022018/ so for my example, the date of the folder will be set by the format of your time stamp. In my example, I am using DD MM YYYY (I know an odd format for an American but that is how I do mine).

That would be every video I took on the 10th of February this year.

I could also be quite wrong mind you. I have a lot of different cameras, and like I said, I am going on memory which may or may not be completely accurate...