Video distorted by red/orange pixellation

Discussion in 'SJ8 Series' started by Altissimus, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Altissimus

Altissimus New Member

As title says.

Very disappointed. Once-in-a-lifetime event, that I bought the camera for, and have nothing to show for it.

2. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Sad to hear this!
    Maybe a proper video editing software may reduce this pixelation? I haven't met this problem, therefore can't give more precise suggestions.

BTW, what lighting conditions there were? What ISO setting did you use?

Another suggestion for wider audience - never rely on freshly bought camera in case of a once-in-a-lifetime event! Always check it's ability and quality before you shoot anything really important!

3. Altissimus

Altissimus New Member

Lighting - daylight. ISO - auto.

4. Altissimus

Altissimus New Member

I'm just going to return it.

5. kamkar

kamkar Elite

Good advise, at least get your camera in well in advance so you can familiarize yourself with it, and make sure it work as expected.
    If you go the last minute route you can get burned with whatever brand / price camera you get, cuz everyone make a dud now and then.

On the other hand my camera braking without even getting to film anything, plus what i read in here and see on youtube, do give one cause to worry about the QA at Sjcams.
    seem like at the moment front LCD not working are a trend.

I have now gotten my refund from Amazon, but if i get a good offer another day i am afraid i will have to bypass it for a couple of reasons.
    1: i couldn't really afford getting the SJ8 pro anyhow but the flash deal won me over.
    2: before i should fall over a good deal again, what little money i had left over from my new computer build will be gone.

It is too bad SJcams have such a poor customer care department, i would feel much better if they was more active / responsive.

That being said i still have the Sj 6 air and legend + Sj7 star SJcams sent to me, and they all work well, and what i really would like in a new action camera wasent there in the SJ8 pro anyway ( 1080p / 240 FPS )