Very bad service from Sjcam!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by tkirsche73, Nov 30, 2018.

1. tkirsche73

tkirsche73 New Member

Very bad service from Sjcam!

My Gimbal 1 is since 11.10.2018 at Sjcam for repair.
    After demand, it says, Sjcam gets no spare parts ran. Sjcam offers exchange on Gimbal 2.
    I accept, although battery life is much worse.
    For 2 weeks I wait for shipping from gimbal 2.
    Nothing happened yet !!!!!

Can one help?

2. tkirsche73

tkirsche73 New Member

No answer yet! or do all gimbal have a design flaw?

3. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

I don't know where do you live, but it takes usually up to one month to get a postal package from China. Currently all postal services are overflown by peak seasonal package flows, it may take evem more. So, I can suggest you more patience.

4. tkirsche73

tkirsche73 New Member

and where is the tracking number?

and the confirmation email that it would be shipping?

5. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Did they ever confirm, that your gimbal reached to SJCAM?

6. tkirsche73

tkirsche73 New Member

Yes
    and it was offered to swap my gimbal 1 into a gimbal 2.

7. nianeko2

nianeko2 Member

I think you opened SJCAM Ticket. What is the Status?

8. tkirsche73

tkirsche73 New Member

12 days ago:

Hi Xxxxxxxxxx
    Thank you for contacting SJCAM support.

We have updated your information and will arrange shipment soon.
    Really appreciate your attention and patience.

Best Regards,
    SJCAM Support Team
    http://sjcam.com

http://support.sjcam.com

9. nianeko2

nianeko2 Member

After that, did you ask them when they will ship?

10. tkirsche73

tkirsche73 New Member

I'm angry
    Here is an excerpt from the ticket:

Thomas.kirschner, said about 1 month ago

Hello,

my gimbal has been in repair for over 1 month !!!!

When is it ready???

Thomas Kirschner

SJCAM Support Team, said 28 days ago

You can access your ticket directly at: http://support.sjcam.com/helpdesk/tickets/xxxxx

Hi Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx,

We are so sorry to tell you that your returned gimbal cannot be repaired due to lacking relative accessory and part.

How about that we send you a set of SJ-Gimbal 2 instead after you pay just 19 USD for shipping fee ?

Best Regards,

SJCAM Support Team

T

Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx, said 27 days ago

I would accept the offer. what do you add to that? The Gimbal 1 is $ 50 more expensive than the Gimbal 2

T

Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx, said 25 days ago

Give me another battery charger and a FPV cable for SJ 8 pro and a gimbal cable for SJ 7Star, I agree. Payment by Paypal?

SJCAM Support Team, said 25 days ago

You can access your ticket directly at: http://support.sjcam.com/helpdesk/tickets/xxxxx

Hi Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx,

Please place the shipping fee ($19) to our PayPal account: shop@sjcam.com

Include a note in the payment with something like "Payment for ticket xxxxx“

In order to make the shipment earlier, we need to confirm your address (including post code) and a contact phone number.

Best Regards,

SJCAM Support Team

T

Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx, said 24 days ago

TxxxxxxKxxxxxx Bxxxxxx xx 00000 Kxxxxx Germany Fon: +49 xxxxx xxxxxx Paypal: t.xxxxxxx@xxx.xx

SJCAM Support Team, said 22 days ago

Hi Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx,

Would you please help us confirm your shipping address below ?

Name: xxxxxxxxx

Street: xxxxxxxx

City: xxxxxxx

State: xxxxxx

Post Code: xxxxxx

Phone: +49xxxxxxxxxxx

Best Regards,

SJCAM Support Team

T

Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx, said 22 days ago

Yes the address is correct

T

Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx, said 19 days ago

can I get a tracking number?

T

Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx,, said 18 days ago

Hello?!

SJCAM Support Team, said 18 days ago

Hi Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx,,

We have updated your information and will arrange shipment soon.

Really appreciate your attention and patience.

Best Regards,

SJCAM Support Team

T

Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx,, said 13 days ago

how long should I wait for him? What happens to a device replacement for so long? I'm already doing loss in the exchange anyway! I should report that to the community!

T

Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx, said 7 days ago

what is the processing status?

SJCAM Support Team, said 6 days ago

Hi Txxxxxxx.kixxxxx,,

We are so sorry to inform you that your new SJCAM gimbal 2 has been shipped back for the reason of unsuccessful customs checking :(

We will arrange to re-send your parcel by another shipping forwarder and give you new tracking number soon, please do not worry.

Best Regards,

SJCAM Support Team

11. sjcam_admin

sjcam_admin Administrator Staff Member

In behalf of the team in charge of your return item, we apologize for the issue with regards to shipping. Please understand that SJCAM has no control over customs and regulations in any country.. Rest assured that the matter is being handled, and we will do everything we can to get your gimbal and other items to you. Should you need additional help, you may send a private message to us containing your ticket number so that we can follow it up together with you.

Best Regards,
    SJCAM Community Admin Team

12. kamkar

kamkar Elite

This is why i don't like to buy in a place far away, with rules / buyer safety so far from the norrn in my home country / EU

My recent attempt with the SJ8 pro i only did as it was on Amazon UK, even for a better price i would never do the same deal on say bangood or gearbest, cuz it is simply too insecure and troublesome in case of a problem.
    I don't even dare to think what the situation would be today had i gotten the camera from Asia, Amazon RMA are a outright pleasure to deal with ( done that a few times on memory cards too )
    But easy for Amazon as they are only a middle man and the problem isent really theirs as they get their cut working product or not.
    So if / when i buy things far away here it is normally things where i stand a chance of fixing it myself, or the price are so low that in case it go bad i can just throw it over the shoulder and only be ashamed of the E-waste i created.

In Denmark a seller have to give a 2 year warranty / support on a item like a camera, so form what i feel selling SJ cameras in Denmark would be very problematic from the sellers perspective as he alone will have to deal with a warranty issue, cuz he cant legally say go online and make a ticket with SJcams.
    No thats the sellers problem, and even then he cant drag it out for weeks on end,,,, a simple RMA matter like a broken camera have to be resolved pretty fast in regard to the Danish rules.

13. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

But don't you have any wicked minded customers in Denmark, who try to benefit from the rules and damage their cameras deliberately before 2 years pass, and demand full refund, despite of very intensive camera use during almost 2 years? I see this as a major problem for selling any electronics.

14. kamkar

kamkar Elite

No i don't think so, the national sport seem to be cheating on taxes, cheating each other come a little longer down the list.
    Also after 2 years i don't think you are entitled to a new camera or a full refund, by then it is after all a aged product.
    but after 1.5 years of use a camera can break cuz you have been hard on it and not treat it right, or it can break cuz the maker have used sub standard components.
    Like the Samsung TV capacitor issue some years ago, where they used capacitors in some TV that should just last a little while and then the TV would break and you had to buy a new one. ( planned obsolescence )

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/denmark/index_en.htm
    https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

I am not fully into rules like this as i have never had a use for them, in general i just make a RMA at the place of purchase, get a RMA number in e-mail, add that to item and return it, and often in a local store i walk out of there with a new product in minutes.

But i have never tried to RMA a expensive thing like a new TV or say a expensive smartphone.
    I have had new cars going in for free service and changes / repairs as car dealers must do that if they become aware of a fault on a model.
    But thats of course factory faults, like a wire issue that might set your car on fire, you cant spin your wheels and go in and demand new tires after a month.

People should always have at least some interest for their rights as a consumer and citizen in their country, just the basics, and then exercise your rights when it is needed, otherwise people will just wipe their feet on you.