verbatim memory sj7 is not available in star?

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by Appeal81, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Appeal81

Appeal81 New Member

I bought 64gb memory in Korea called verbatim by buying sj7 star. I can not record a video or take a still shot.
    Is this memory unusable?
    PCs and mobile phones are normally recognized and available at home.

2. Peter Watkins

Peter Watkins New Member

Have you formatted the card first or are you trying to use the card straight from the pack? In the SJ7 Star (and many other Action Cameras) the card MUST be formatted in the FAT32 mode for it to work. All large capacity micro-SD cards (64, 128gb and above) are supplied in the packet formatted as exFat. This is recognised by most Mobile Phones, but normally will not work in the SJ7.

The easist way to format as FAT32 is to insert the card in the camera slot and then use the Format command in the Settings menu. Wait until the format is completely finished, power off and on again and the card should now work. Format will, of course, erase any data already recorded on the card - so make a copy first. You could also format the card on a PC using a more flexible and reliable third-party application. I use EaseUS Partition Manager (free version).

The card formatted as FAT32 can still be read and used in other devices EXCEPT files bigger than 4gb can not be read or created. On the SJ7 if you record continuously for more than 4gb the camera automatically splits the file into two or more parts.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017