Underwater housing with dome for the SJ5000x Elite

Discussion in 'SJ5000 Series' started by pandit, Sep 4, 2017.

1. pandit

pandit New Member

I own a SJ5000x Elite

The underwater housing distort the pictures, especially in the corners. I see that SJcam made a new model housing. are these problems solved in this new housing?

I wish to have a dome in front of the lens. Unfortunately they are hard to find for SJCAM camera's. while there are plenty for sale for the overpriced GoPro. The problem with SJCAM camera's is that the power button is at the front, a place that is covered by a dome

On a Brazilian site I found dome's for SJcam's made by a Brazilian company with a genius trick to solve the problem with the power button . Because I'm new here again :-( :-( :-( :-( . I can't post links. and I don't understand Portuguese.

Are there other solutions to use a dome for the SJ5000x?

2. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

3. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

I know of 3 makers of good optical quality domes for half and half shots. 1 is from Brazil and 2 from the Philippines.
    Let's see if we can tag them here: @Thiago_SJCAM_User, @SWGDome_Noel, and @MykeRodriguezMazey
    I have 1 SWG Dome, and 2 Mazey Domes,awesome manufacturing execution and works flawlessly.
    You just need to know how to care for them since they're mostly a lens surface that can get scratched if you're not careful enough.