Time & Date Reset every time replace battery

Discussion in 'SJ6 LEGEND' started by Jazz, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Jazz

Jazz New Member

May i know how could possible a action CAMERA will reset date and time when change battery, its cause the video and picture which captured all MIX between different timing.

COULD some one please take this issue, seriously?

2. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Does this happen even if you don't touch any buttons during the battery change?
    Usually SJCAM cameras keep their date/time, if the battery is replaced quickly enough and no button is pressed, when battery is out of the camera. It seems, that the clock is relying on some capacitor during battery replacement, and by pressing any buttons when no battery inserted, drains this capacitor at once.

3. Jazz

Jazz New Member

I’m tried replace without touch any button but remain same, it’s seem like nonsense for a product which in 2017 has failed to record time of photo captured. photo of camera is use to record moment of important, if timer failed mean I will lost all info in future when look back in future . Even cheeper Yi Camera and few other model like eken and gopro also no this problem.

Every time changed change battery will need recalibrate time and date, or sync with phone before use, battery of sj cam design for hours record, technically mean every hour when change battery will need update time and date. Mean whole machine if change battery 1000 time mean need set for 1000 time.

Engineer of sjcam please act as important issue if they care what the BASIC camera should do, “capture moment and able to know when the moment is happen” .

4. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Does this happen even when opening the battery tray and pulling out the fully charged battery for a few seconds, and then pushing it back again, without touching any buttons at the time, when battery is not connected?
    Could you take a video (by your phone or something) of this problem?

5. Pierre

Pierre New Member

6. Pierre

Pierre New Member

I have a sj4000 and the date time is lost when i remove the battery..the default is 1/1/2016..is there a fix?

7. caleb1

caleb1 New Member

Same here on my SJ6 Legend.

It would be great to have a fix for this as it is a huge mess when the dates are wrong and you can never find the files because they are never in order.

8. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately, that would require an internal battery for the date and time to be retained without the main battery inserted.
    It is best that when you need to switch to a freshly charged battery, do it quickly.
    If you do not have an external dock charger, just charge the camera though the USB port.
    Just remember, Lithium batteries don't like being fully discharged for long periods, and you can charge the battery even if you just used half the capacity.

9. SamTan

SamTan New Member

Engineer
    SJ6 legend is probably EOL product, and I don't think its a firmware issue which SCAM can fix with an update.
    Could be hardware limitation.
    I guess this is something we have to bear with till we are ready to change to the next cam.

10. Troy

It's a limitation by the hardware, simply because it would require an internal battery (like that found on a computer motherboard, but smaller) to keep the clock and date. See my explanation above.

11. quazar912

quazar912 Member

sales
    Home Page:
    that is simply not true because I have gopro hero 7 and it keeps data for a couple of hours...without internal battery

my SJ 6 legend didn`t keep any data even for 5 seconds.

12. Troy

Perhaps you know of another way to get power from other than internal battery/capacitor to keep the date and time saved in case the main battery is removed. For most technologies that I know, they require some sort of backup power to keep volatile data like date and time from being deleted in such cases. Or at least, that is simply true.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  13. caleb1

caleb1 New Member

Could there be a way to get it to save the date and time and configuration data to the SD card?
    There has to be a way to remember some data. it does remember what video resolution I used last and always has that preloaded in there when I change the battery...