The video not change in different setting

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by Ferdi, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Ferdi

Ferdi New Member

Hi everybody I'm Ferdi from Italy and for many years I've been following SJCAM since I was born. I noticed that running a video (in very low light to see better) by dripping exposure or ISO setting, the video does not change. If these settings are valid only for photos to include them in the video menu? Do you have SJCAM's response? Thank you
    Here the video with my test

#PARASSITA

2. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Ferdi

ISO for digital video is a really tough thing to explain, especially since we're dealing with a tiny camera with a really small sensor and lens.
    EV, on the other hand, is like an adjustment of that particular ISO sensitivity to light.

Ler's be thorough about your case, as it can also possibly be a bug with either the actual camera or the firmware.

Could you list down your settings for each video clip?
    Perhaps best if you format your notes the same way for each, like this:

CLIP #1
    VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p 60ps
    AUTO LOW LIGHT: ON/OFF
    EXPOSURE VALUE (EV): +2.0

Also, please let us know which firmware version you are running your SJ7 Star?

Might I also suggest you do 2 video clips, 1 with MINIMUM SETTINGS
    And another one with MAXIMUM VAVUES
    Should be of the same resolution and framerate.
    And not too dark.
    Just keep it short, and mention the settings in the actual footage so you don't get confused later.

This is so we can compare two extremes.

I have tested the EV settings on mine and it does work just a teenie bit, since low-light is a very tricky thing in anything photography-related.
    I am sure you already know this, but for our other readers out there: "Photography" is Photo="Light" and Graph="Write" so, very little light means very little to write.

Please post your video comparison here so the community can join in. Looking forward to it.