The Official SJCAM RAW converter for SJ6 Legend, SJ5000x Elite and M20 is finally here!

Discussion in 'Official and 3rd Party Software & Mobile Apps' started by sjcam_admin, Apr 27, 2017.

1. sjcam_admin

sjcam_admin Administrator Staff Member

Great News Guys!

The Official SJCAM RAW converter for SJ6 Legend, SJ5000x Elite and M20 is finally here!

In addition to adding support for the SJ6 Legend, v1.1.1 converter tool adds:

• Added support for SJ6 LEGEND including FOV crop resolutions and lens/camera Adobe profile
    • Slightly improved SJ5000x and M20 white balance
    • Added option in GUI to generate thumbnails in DNG/TIFF (improved compatibility with some editors e.g. darktable at the expense of more conversion time and larger disk footprint)

Downloads
    More functionality will be added to this converter tool so please stay tuned to the SJCAM blog.

-SJCAM Team

*article taken directly from the news blogpost

Thiago_SJCAM_User likes this.
  2. agzorig

agzorig New Member

Credits to Mr. Yan Burman. :)

3. Created Visions

Created Visions New Member

I have downloaded the windows versions of raw to dng converter file. I have unzipped it and tried to execute the "converter.exe" file. The GUI window appears and I can set the source and destination folders but I cannot see how to specify which raw file I want to convert. How do I specify which raw file I want to convert??

4. agzorig

agzorig New Member

There is NO provision on specifying which raw file to convert, HOWEVER, you may just put the RAW files you need to convert in the SOURCE FOLDER. Hope that helps.

5. Created Visions

Thank you. That is helpful. However when I execute "converter.exe" with a Source and Destination fold specifed, I just get an error message saying "Starting conversion [Error 2] The system cannot find the file" specified. See attached screen shot. Yes, the specified Source folder has some SJ6 raw files in it.

Question:
    Does "converter.exe" have to be placed into a specific folder such as that specified in the "README.txt" file for the Camera and Lens profile usage?

Attached Files:

6. agzorig

agzorig New Member

Have you tried specifying a different SOURCE folder and DESTINATION folder? I don't know if that is an issue, worth a try though. Also, could you attach/upload a SAMPLE raw file from your SJ6, so I may test if the same error message pops up? Thanks!

7. Created Visions

Yes, I have tried multiple source folders. I even tried two more new folders after you made this suggestion. I have tried the "C:aaaa" folder path and name and have also tried using a folder in the "C:Users/....." path.

The "Upload a File" button will not allow me to upload a raw file. It gives an error message saying the file is too big. The size of all of the SJ6 raw files is 24,192,768

8. jim mckay

jim mckay New Member

I'm having a lot of trouble with the RAW converter. I've also tried the IQRAW converter, updated firmware, tried the new and previous version, with no luck. I'm going to include some screen shots detailing what's going on. It's incredibly frustrating not being able to process the media from the m20, so any help is greatly appreciated. Hopefully it's something simple I'm missing :) Capture2.JPG Capture.JPG Capture3.JPG capture 4.jpg

9. agzorig

agzorig New Member

Hi Jim! I just updated mine to the latest version, v1.2.0 yesterday and so far all is fine as with the other previous versions. I am also using an M20, and the latest converter (Win64) on my Dell E6330.

Have you tried downloading the converter again and reinstalling it? It seems odd since we have almost the same system.

10. TonySosa

TonySosa Administrator Staff Member

Is Yan on this thread? We should invite him here...

Thiago_SJCAM_User likes this.
  11. Thiago_SJCAM_User

Thiago_SJCAM_User New Member

Home Page:
    Hi, Tony. Ask the software team, who prepares the SJCAM RAW CONVERTER program to accept SJ6AIR RAW files.
    The currently available version does not do the conversion from RAW to DNG.
    Thank you

12. TonySosa

TonySosa Administrator Staff Member

Hello, i think this is the second request we've had for the air... We may need to talk to Yan to see how we can have support for SJ6 air added.

sjcam_admin likes this.
  13. Naz77

Naz77 New Member

Hi guys,i own sj6 legend,set the destination folder but the program doesnt seems to convert any files.not even any pop out or showing any errors at all.any help are much appreciated.thanks