Strange FPS

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by RBEmerson, Nov 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

I was about to post a video clip on YouTube. I sent it through my editor, went to render it and found the frame was 24 fps. "That's odd. I shot at 60 fps." I eximend the file with MediaInfo and found this:
    [​IMG]

This is V1.19 beta 2. V1.15 didn't have this problem. I haven't checked this with V1.20. Yet.

I'd appreciate seeing if anyone has this problem.

2. RBEmerson

Simple answer: the camera, for whatever reason, was set to shoot at 120fps. Dunno why or how, but that's why 119.880 showed up.

3. sjcam_admin

sjcam_admin Administrator Staff Member

It may be because it defaults to Auto Low Light, which takes over the Framerate to allow more light in. You have to turnoff Auto Low Light for the framerate selection to take effect.

4. RBEmerson

That suggests another reason to turn off Auto Low Light: When I was shooting video late yesterday afternoon, just before sunset on a cloudy day, the image started getting fuzzy again. At some point I thought that just maybe the camera had changed its settings, under Auto Low Light, to the point where lights looked out of focus and generally not right. When I get a chance to try it, I'll try shooting around sunset on a cloudy day with ALL turned off.

BTW, this isn't a complaint, just something worth knowing when using the camera.