Speed Control Issue on Kinemaster

Discussion in 'SJ8 Series' started by John Brylle Gualiza, Mar 20, 2019.

1. John Brylle Gualiza

John Brylle Gualiza New Member

Hi,

Anyone using Kinemaster for editing?

I just realized that I can't speed up (fast forward) footage taken by my SJ8 Pro on the said editing app. I tried using a footage taken by my Samsung phone and it can speed it up to 200%, while the one taken by the SJ8 could only do 101%.

Both videos are on the same format (MP4), and resolution (1080p). The SJ8 is running 1.29 FW.

2. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

This might be a CODEC incompatibility problem on the phone side. In simple words, those are the things responsible for how files are read (decoded) to be passed on to a program that can display it to you, and in your case, edit it.

Check first if your videofile is in H.265, do this by going to your SJ8 Pro and look for encoding. If it is in H.265, then switch it to H.264 so that your next video files are on a codec that is commonly used by many phones.

Side note: although many phones nowadays can handle H.265, if yours doesn't have the CODEC, and your editing software cannot open or do some things with it, then you can either switch to a different app that can, or check if you can get one for your specific phone.

3. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Why don't you just use Video Grabber or Windows Live Movie Maker?

4. John Brylle Gualiza

I just checked the video file and it is in H.264, same as the videos I took using the smartphone's camera. It also has the same format (MP4).

5. John Brylle Gualiza

Kinemaster is the first app I have used, actually, and I found that it has been recommended by a lot of tech guys out there on Youtube.

6. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Maybe those tech guys or Kinemaster's support can help you with this problem. It seems to be related with the Kinemaster only.

7. John Brylle Gualiza

Yeah, I guess so. I just sent them an email about this concern. I will wait for now.