Sjcam Zone Android and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by Monica, Feb 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Monica

Monica New Member

semi retired
    Ever since I installed SJCAM Zone on my Galaxy S4, bluetooth will not turn on. I uninstall the app, and I have to then take out the battery and re-insert it, then bluetooth will work. I tried the battery trick with the app installed and bluetooth would not work. I uninstalled the app 3 times, and the same thing happens. The app on my phone prevents bluetooth from being turned on. Anyone have this problem? I am running Lollipop, 5.0.1

2. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

What type of phone, what Android version? FWIW, Samsung S5 and S7 with Android 6.0.1 and 7.0 have no BT issues here.

3. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

My old S4 (GT-i9505), running Lollipop 5.0.1, has SJCAM app v 5.3.1 and has no problems with BlueTooth or connecting with WiFi networks.

4. Damian Holt

Damian Holt Moderator

Retail manager
    It sounds more like there an issue with the camera as opposed to it being an issue with android, I could be wrong though.

5. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Installation of the SJCAM app into the phone has nothing to do with directly camera related problems. This app is not connecting to the camera during the installation and can't check if there are some problems with the camera or not.

6. RBEmerson

Sigh... I plead guilty to sleeping right through the phone (S4) and Andy (5.0.1) info. NTL, they shouldn't see any problem with Flash. Flash uses WiFi not Bluetooth. If installing the app clobbers the phone every time it's installed... not much to say here. "Doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this!" "Don't do that."

The SJ7 camera has nothing to do with the S4's behavior. If Flash won't install correctly, there can be no connection back to the SJ7.

Sorry, but I think you're out of luck with Flash. The S4 isn't likely to see any updates to 6.0. If you're really "must have" about Flash, the best you can do I find someone to root the phone to 6.0.

7. Damian Holt

Damian Holt Moderator

Retail manager
    If your looking to go down the path of rooting your phone and probably installing a custom rom then head over to XDA developers forum. Plenty there to pick from.

8. RBEmerson

Rooting doesn't mean needing a custom ROM. NTL rooting isn't for newbies - it can be a quick way to brick a phone. My point was only to offer a way to bring the S4 up to 6.0.1. However the question is why is Flash dinging @Monica 's BT stack. Either another app is getting in the way, the Andy install is dinged, or Flash has some hidden surprises. Without seeing the phone, it's hard to diagnose what's happening.

OTOH, maybe this a good excuse to update the phone. [/ wink ]

9. Monica

Monica New Member

semi retired
    Not into messing with rooting the phone, I don't know enough about it and would probably destroy the phone. Looks like I am out of luck which really sucks. Would not have bought the SJCAM brand if I knew this. I see no reason to spend megabucks to update my phone which works perfectly well in every other aspect. I'm considering returning the camera though. I just got back from vacation and it's by no means a flawless device. Had a lot of issues when the waterproof case was on, a lot of difficulty with the shutter button operation.

10. RBEmerson

Rooting was suggested only as a "if all else fails" possibility. No worries on passing on doing that.

The buttons, through the case, haven't been a challenge for me. Maybe they need to be exercised a bit (no camera in the case) to move easily?