SJCAM Video Editor Programs? What kind video editing software do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Official and 3rd Party Software & Mobile Apps' started by TonySosa, Oct 18, 2017.

1. TonySosa

TonySosa Administrator Staff Member

SJCAM has assorted dozens of different editing software, our users can get easy access and multi-channels to download it, and these are either free of charge or extremely affordable.

For Windows Users

1. Windows Movie Maker:Very simple to use,come in handy(wouldn’t use too much system resource),ultra concise user interface.
    Key features:A No-Brainer editing tool,Storyboard,High definition support.

1. IVSEDITS: It will be a good option for entry-level editors.
    Key features:Free of charge,simple user-interface,time-saving,multi-camera editing,various video effect.

1. Sony Vegas Pro:This would be a fantastic editing software for users who are of high skilled operating,cropping and transition experience.
    Key features:very intuitive and productive user interface,stereoscopic 3D editing,Enhanced audio control,support 4k video,etc.

1. AVS Video Editor: One of the Best editing software for windows /OS with ability to share video directly through platforms like Facebook,Youtube,Flick and MySpace. Key features:Multilingual support,Huge amounts of effect,Non-destructive Editing.

For MAC Users

LIGHTWORKS: A video editing software that can be compatible with Windows,OS and Linus. Key features:Multi-cam editing,dedicated Keyboard,Real-time effect comes in handy.

For IOS Users

iMovie: Being a tool for IOS device,this software is considered as a professional editing expert. Key features:With large amouts of transition collection,Drag-based interface,HD support.

For Linux Users

Cinelerra: Written in C++, It offers powerful features but with simplified and intuitive interface. Key features:Free of charge,High Definition Support,Non-destructive editing​

2. TonySosa

TonySosa Administrator Staff Member

Also try using "Sony Vegas" program :)

3. Jason

Jason Moderator

I like playing about with blender. OK it doesn't have a lot of effects and transitions but it has a basic video sequence editor and a powerful node based compositor.

It also has powerful masking capabilities as well as motion tracking.

Still learning it but have been able to do things such as selective saturation control and colour replacement. Even got a pink.sky at one time.

Also use Pinnacle Studio on windows and Videopad on Windows and Android. Kdenlived on Linux as well.

TonySosa likes this.
  4. jlo138

jlo138 New Member

Paranormal Investigator
    Home Page:
    I've been using iMovie for iOS on iPhone and iPad. It's $5 and if you're running a newer device within say 2-3 years old then it will have 1080p 60fps and even 4K 30fps export options. Been using it since iPhone 4S. It's really easy to learn.

5. AndyLG

AndyLG Member

Someone using Shotcut?
    Free open source multi os editing source. Doesn't have many tools as lightworks (I miss keyframes for moving images, good thing that is in the roadmap) but has a ton more flexibility to export videos in many formats (comparing to the free version of lightworks, of course)

6. Stein Dahl

Stein Dahl New Member

I use a program I bought for around $65 (US) called CyberLink Power Director 15. It works really well and is easy to use once you get the hang of it. Like with anything, you have to practice to get good at it. But it's basically a drag and drop program. You can drag and drop your videos right into the program and then drag and drop any music you want to add. It works for me and I like it.

7. Jason

Jason Moderator

Now playing with lightworks - works on Linux and Mac as well as Windows. The free version can only render h264 at 720p though, but that's enough to try it out and test the effects. It had a node based effects compositor (which is one of the things I like about Blender) but this is also integrated into the video editing timeline alot more than Blenders compositor.

8. Jason

Jason Moderator

You can use ffmpeg to defish and deshake videos.

Apo and AndyLG like this.
  9. AndyLG

AndyLG Member

wouldn't be awesome if action cameras have an option to created a file with the gyro information but without applying the correction itself, in order to apply that correction precisely while editing? Even night shots would be stable in that way :D

Jason likes this.
  10. Dan

Dan New Member

AVS Video Editor is one of the best editor programs. It is very simple to use and works !!! Perhaps my computer isn't strong enough but while editing ready a video, computer gets too hot.

I got also Sony Vegas Pro, but never learned to use, it seems a bit complicated..