SJCAM SJ7 Star Firmware Version 1.15 (May 20 2017)

Discussion in 'SJ7 STAR Firmware' started by sjcam_admin, May 25, 2017.

1. sjcam_admin

sjcam_admin Administrator Staff Member

SJ7 Changelog (May 20th v1.15)

1. Optimize the connection to the APP after switching to 1080 * 120FPS open slow video switch other resolution or slow video problems

2. Just a resolution perspective selection, and then switch to 1080 * 30 video will crash the problem

3. Fixes when entering App photo mode, change the size of picture and it interferes with video resolution issue.

4. Adds Turkish, Hungarian, Finnish & Czech. Now the 23 languages are supported: English / Simplified Chinese / Traditional Chinese / Russian / German / Italian / French / Korean / Japanese / Portuguese / Spanish / Arabic / Polish / Indonesian / Dutch / Swedish / Finnish / Czech / Romanian / Slovak / Hungarian / Turkish / Thai

5. 1080P@120fps, 2.5K@30fps, 2.5K@60fps Bitrate increased

6. Fixes timelapse record start time too slow, Crashes if you press shutter button.

7. UI shows some optimization

8. Re-adds FOV function – Exceptions: 1080P30fps, 1080P60fps not supported due to conflict with EIS.

9. Optimizes 1080P@120fps Image Quality (IQ) effects such sharpness and jagged edge effects.

10. Adds Auto Low Light option – Turn Mode off in low light and frames will not drop (but video will be darker).

11. Improves touchscreen response, sliding

12. Modifies the WiFi agreement with the EV value order and several other options

13. Adds FPV mode (support for PWM). Use this cable: SJ6 SJ7 FPV Cable

14. Adds when in Quick Capture mode, after push shutter button to stop recording, camera turns off after 10 seconds.

15) When uploading material to SJCAM Zone app, the camera will do into standby mode instead of sleep mode.

16) Fixes WiFi drops when connecting to SJCAM Zone App

DOWNLOAD LINK (FPV Version): SJ7 v1.15 FPV

Stay tuned to more SJ7 Star Native 4k Action Camera news at: SJCAM Blog

2. SSG

SSG New Member

Great! One question though: what is the (fixed?) FOV setting for 1080p60fps? This is important to me, I'm currently still running on 1.09 because that gives me wide FOV in that resolution. Thanks!

3. SSG

SSG New Member

Could somebody who has installed it please check this FOV setting for me? Saves me some hassle with installing new firmware and setting up everything the way I prefer, only to find out that (maybe) the FOV at 1080p60 is locked at narrow... Thanks!

4. konfitura

konfitura New Member

@SSG default FOV for 1080p60 is Wide and as far as I know you can't change that at the moment. 1.15 is not crushing compared to 1.13, but I think the night recording is worse quality now. Not 100% sure, but will keep an eye on that.

5. SSG

SSG New Member

Good, then I will upgrade, thanks @konfitura! Still running 1.09 now because of 1.13 having narrow or medium or so as locked default.

6. Nguyen Luu Trung

Nguyen Luu Trung New Member

Okay so we need an update on FOV
    Right now on v1.15 you cannot change FOV if you are using Resolution under 120FPS.
    And you cannot Turn on Gyro if you are 120FPS or up :(

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  7. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

Those are some of the trade offs with Gyro and FOV, since both of them are essentially image crops.
    I wish there could be a workaround about that.

8. pietro

pietro New Member

pensionato
    Con l'ultimo aggiornamento FW 1.15 alla voce 9 (9. Ottimizza 1080P @ 120fps Qualità immagine (IQ) effetti tali nitidezza e fruscio effetti bordo.) Si accenna ad un miglioramento della qualità. Bene questo è quanto attengo con la mia SJ7 Stella v.1.15 a 1080p 120 fps. Ho estrapolato una immagine da un video a 1080p 120 fps

Attached Files:

9. TonySosa

TonySosa Administrator Staff Member

SJ7 v1.20 will be uploaded soon. Please confirm this is okay before we upload to sjcam.com

Thanks!

10. Wandels Danny

Wandels Danny New Member