SJCAM M20 stuck on loading screen

Discussion in 'M20' started by national, Jan 26, 2018.

1. national

national New Member

Hello!
    I would like to know if there is any solution yet how to fix SJCAM M20 that is stuck on loading screen. According to youtube and other forums this problem happens quite often, but there is no solution yet. My camera was working normally with out any problem for few months. But than suddenly it started freezing during recording so I changed firmware, and for few days everything was ok. But than one day it stuck on loading screen when i tried to turn it on and its like this since than. I tried to charge it, i changed battery, I changed sd card but nothing helped. I tried to flash every firmware i was able to find, but when i insert sd card with new firmware, blue light starts blinking for a while, than camera turns on and than again stuck on loading screen. Is there any other way how to solve this problem, like some combination of pressing buttons for hard reset(like with sjcam 4000) or anything else.
    thank you for your answer. Best regards

2. Damian Holt

Damian Holt Moderator

Retail manager
  3. national

national New Member

Yes I created ticket. They suggested to try to solve the problem with rest of firmwares. About not seed or read similar issues, even on this forum it was reported at at lest by two people. If there will be any better idea by anyone, just tell.
    Best regards

4. nianeko2

nianeko2 Member

SJ6 LEGEND > SJ Legend 6 not starting up...
    is nearly same or not?

5. Kalle

Kalle New Member

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I bought my second M20 two weeks ago and yesterday when I started the camera it got stuck on the loading screen. I can not believe I was stupid enough to buy a second M20.

Last year I bought the first M20 and brought it with me when I travelled. It did not take a long time before I started experiencing all sorts of problems. The camera gets quickly very hot. After some use, I have to restart the camera every time I want to start recording. I have lost lots of video files because they are corrupt. It is just a never-ending nightmare. I am using Sandisk Ultra SDXC cards and I have bought extra original batteries. It did not take many days of use before I started having heat issues with the new camera as well. And also the problem with that I have to restart the camera every time I want to start recording. This happens normally after a bit of use. But now it is stuck on the loading screen and is completely useless. I thought at first that I had been unlucky with my first camera and that everything would be fine with the second one, but obviously not. I bought the first camera from a seller in Italy and the second camera two weeks ago in Manila Philippines as I am travelling on the Philipines islands now. I have also tried to upgrade the firmware, but the camera is still stuck on the loading screen. And I am getting more and more ******** every day about this ******* problems. Sorry, but this is not just a single camera with problems. This is the whole design of M20 that is full of faults.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  6. mikkypot

mikkypot New Member

hi does your problem already solve? i do have the same problem with my m20.