SJCAM, company ready to die ?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Whitehawk, Feb 10, 2019.

?

Are you happy with you SJCAM product ?

1. No, bulshit firmware

50.0%
  2. Yes, perfect

50.0%
  1. Whitehawk

Whitehawk New Member

SJCAM = Bulshit firmwares, I have the SJ7 Star, a lot of issues (mic, 120fps not usable, etc..), the last firwmare resolve one issue but add new ones : mic sensitivity at 50% = shit sound, play recorded video directly on the camera is not working anymore, and maybe more..
    This was my first and last sjcam, next time I will probably buy Xiaomi !

Sjcam is not capable to create a fully working firmware after 3 years and moreover add new issues to the last firmware... :eek:

How are you still alive ?? If you continue like that .. you will die, if you are not already.

Have a nice day.

Michael Dittrich likes this.
  2. Michael Dittrich

Michael Dittrich Member

Home Page:
    Promoting the SJ8 Pro with RAW support but being not able to deliver a RAW converter to be able to use it is very weak.
    They released a converter without having tested it. Still after all the time from the release date they have not fixed it.
    Still a feature that is promoted is not usable. Although I opened a ticket weels ago nothing has happened.
    They just do not react aside from standard ticket replies.
    Even my old Nexus 5X can produce the DNG files in device (has the same Sony IMX377 sensor)!
    As the situation is now I will never buy a SJCAM product again, although I was not unhappy with the SJ7 STAR.
    So much potential in the hardware and so little in the firmware. Not the best combination.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019