SJ9 is coming.

Discussion in 'SJCAM NEWS' started by Troy, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

How many shipments did you test?
    Did you received your GPH7 already, or are you still waiting for delivery?
    How about splitting video clips, is GPH7 free of this problem, that was major issue for you?

2. quazar912

quazar912 Member

sales
    Home Page:
    o man...you are really frustrated of me sayin truth about SJCAM...I fell so sory for you:(

0 - I watch what other consumers say about some product.
    1 - yes I got my Hero 7
    2 - you can see that Hero 7 doesn`t split video recordings into numerous small files that I have to combine later to get 1 file . each file are videos from start rec to stop rec.
    [​IMG]

3 - video stabilisation is outstanding
    4 - 4K is REAL 4K (SJ 6 legend doesn`t have true 4K)
    5 - don`t need underwater case
    6 - battery last over 1 hour on full HD recordings (with SJ6 and its original battery is only 35-40 minutes so I had to buy 4 more betteries)
    7- soon I will put some videos on YT so anyone can cheks and see difference from SJCAM

and last but not least - you get what you pay for..just like drones from DJI is another universe compare to parrot, yuneec or xiaomi - the same is with action cameras

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  3. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

I just want to get some bits of information, not pure whining only. Therefore I ask, if I can't find any bits. Sorry, if my simple questions are disturbing for you!
    All your videos are smaller than 2 GB? No wonder, that splitting did not happen!

4. Fred

Fred New Member

Agreed. I bought a SJ8 Pro. Issues on issues, the quality of the videos and photos was horrible. The shop changed the unit. And again issues with the front screen. They repaired it. And now I am pretty surprised about the quality of the videos. Everything is far better and smoother. Just had a bug with the timelapse that was fixed with a format. Otherwise nothing to complain about excepted the audio.

For anyone interested you can see a video mostly made with the SJ8Pro, with a Galaxy note8 here: . ISO 100. Quality fine. 4k 30f/s + field correction. In post prod added some grading and sharpen the image a bit.
    To summarize: Yeah if your unit is good, you can have some great quality if you take the time to play with the settings. So I might give the SJ9 a go if the super smooth and the sound are good.

quazar912 likes this.
  5. quazar912

quazar912 Member

sales
    Home Page:
    some bugs won`t be a big issue if there were more upgraded FWs to correct such bugs.
    but NO, no more FW after 1 year...
    with my former 6 legend, I had only 1 update...and then the camera become obsolete! so I sold it. I don`t want bad and buggy product.

here is today timelapse footage I made with Hero 7...amazing...no editing or color correction,
    then compare to timelapse I made some weeks ago with SJ 6 legend when I had to add some sharpness and color, and blacks....

Fred likes this.
  6. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

How many FW updates have you had with your GPH7 since you got it?

7. quazar912

quazar912 Member

sales
    Home Page:
    none :D...because I don`t need one!! :p

why are you so jelaous of me havin GoPro now? I had SJ CAM (2 different models) and I know why I`m talking what I`m talking aobut

8. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

I am not jealous at all. I am just curious. I have 4 different models of SJCAM and have no major issues.
    You said, that it is very important for you, that camera should not split videos. AFAIK GPH7 splits large videos automatically into smaller junks. So, if you set the same standard for GPH7 as you demanded from SJCAM, then you must urgently demand a FW update, that will abandon this splitting behaviour..

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  9. kamkar

kamkar Elite

My 3 SJ cams worked fine too, though the SJ7 Star there was always some problems with firmware, and for a long time the last version of FW was bad and not recommended for use.
    But i have not gotten the latest FW on the SJ7 as i have not been using these cameras much for a while.
    From a technical standpoint i am of course interested in seeing what the new models can do, also from a customer standpoint as more competition in a market segment can only be good for me as a customer.
    And i would surely not complain if SJ decided to sent me any of the new cameras like they did with the 6 air + legend and SJ7
    Okay maybe a little as my pension are under a lot of load at the moment and Danish import duties and taxes are high, but as always i am sure i would figure something out, if anything it would not hurt my weight if i did not eat for a week or two.

There are no such thing as free in Denmark, "the man" always want his cut.

10. george4salsa

george4salsa New Member

is in pre-order, price 209$...
    sj8 pro with waterproof body and probably a way better software optimization...
    i was hoping for something more...

11. quazar912

quazar912 Member

sales
    Home Page:

tell me again, why SJ send you free actioncams? :confused:

12. kamkar

kamkar Elite

For me to test and help develop i recon, i don't do reviews as such, but i will say what i feel like it or not.
    Seem like now cameras only go out to reviewers, which i recon are also fair, at least that way you get a little free publicity.
    And besides my channel don't have many followers, and in general i focus on dashcams.
    It is more easy to find errors and get them confirmed when 10 people are looking for those than when 1 man with 10 cameras do the same.

13. quazar912

quazar912 Member

sales
    Home Page:
    OK, who I need to contact to send me one for test and review since I have previous experience with SJCAM 4000 wi-fi and SJ 6 legend!

14. kamkar

kamkar Elite

The guy i talked to are no longer with SJcam, maybe thats the reason :D

15. kamkar

kamkar Elite

I dove right into the old SJ cameras, and even got a season pass to the local rain forest / zoo, so i had a nice place to test cameras indoor with a sort of even lighting level.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  16. Andre

Andre New Member

Filmmaker & tester of gadgets
    Troy, any news on a new firmware for the Krypton yet?