SJ9 is coming.

Discussion in 'SJCAM NEWS' started by Troy, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

2. joka

joka New Member

SJ8 Pro has been out for 1 year and still has many bugs to solve. And SJ9 is already coming? No way, SJCAM never again.

3. quazar912

quazar912 New Member

sales
    Home Page:
    and what about Krypton...a lot of bugs there too!

4. kamkar

kamkar Elite

If SJ9 are the name of the new and improved customer care and firmware development branch, then nice.
    But otherwise it seem like more and more are sad about their cameras, and that will make it hard to get people to update from one SJcam product to a newer one.
    I am still having good luck with the Sj6 air and legend + SJ7 star SJ sent to me to test, but the SJ8 pro i ordered worked for 30 seconds and then after that was not possible to turn on.

5. quazar912

quazar912 New Member

sales
    Home Page:
    I`m about to buy myself new Hero7 black..I had 2 SJ cam, first 4000wi-fi, but audio was awfull and no image stabilisation...then I bought 6 legend + ext mic (sound is excellent with it), remote and 4 batereis, but video (full HD) is still under my expectations...for a moment I was interested in 8 pro but I`m not gonna take any chance now.

6. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Will you be so kind, and keep us informed of every problem or issue you'll meet with your new Hero7 black?

7. quazar912

quazar912 New Member

sales
    Home Page:
    I don`t thnik there will be sooo much issues compare to SJ CAM that I have...especially first series of SJCAM with a lot of bugs, and wait 2-3 years for new FW that will fix tem.
    considerind all additional equipment I bought for SJCAM (mic, remote, batteries, charger ) it doesn`t cost me much less.

8. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

So you plan to use your new Hero7 black without any extras?

I have read GoPro forums and there was quite a lot of issues with the initial FW of the Hero7 black. I hope that you will not get disappointed with your choice.

9. kamkar

kamkar Elite

Yes gopro lately also seem to have some problems, probably always had.
    But the issue is how a brand take care of such issues.
    My 1 year old motherboard have seen 3 bios upgrades, and the software for controlling the many RGB LED's on it are still not good and pretty minimalist after 3 updates in the few month i have used mine.
    Still okay i think if you factor in how many things you find on a high end computer motherboard that have to come together and work.
    For instance i use both network cards, the 1 gbit i use for my internet as it is a 1 gbit connection, the 10 gbit i use for my LAN which mean my NAS.

I am also not hating on sjcam for the Sj8 pro i ordered and which broke instantly, i got my money back from Amazon.uk no problem at all.
    I want Sjcam to be successful, and i want them to bring innovative products, cuz all this will only be good for me no matter what camera i might end up buying.
    O and i want Sjcam to be sold locally, maybe not right here in Denmark but then in EU at least, cuz i would never order a "expensive" thing from the other side of the world, cuz thats simply too problematic and slow if you encounter a problem.

I think it is much a cultural problem, people today are used to instant things, so if they have a problem they want a instant answer and instantly a plan for solving that problem.
    So if you get someone saying so and so don't work, reply to the person at once saying we are aware so and so are not working, and we expect to have a update to fix this in X time.
    Most people don't know that companies are working on their products after they released them, so if you tell them they will be happy, not least since there are also companies out there that do not work on their products after they have released them, so know the product they have are not from such a company will make them more happy.
    Personally if i had a company selling something i would have on my support page to the product that we are aware of so and so problems, and we expect to have a solution on so or so date.
    Cuz this signal to people that we are aware there are issues and we are working on it.
    But most companies just have a support page that say "this" is the latest firmware and it was released on XX date, and this do not help people if they are having problem with that latest firmware, and when they cant see brand are aware of the problem they will be thinking there are no solution for it, and so they will feel let down or maybe cheated.

Always remember many people are not that smart, and many people will take to the internet if they feel bad, and their bad feelings will make potential customers look another place.
    And you can not make all people love you, but you can make all people know you are a serious person, same go for brands.

10. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Competitors may sometimes use tactics, where they send their persons to complain in the SJCAM forum. Or just to post massive spam there. It is ok, if real users complain their actual problems and issues with their SJCAM cameras. For other users, like me, it is interesting and educating to read, what kind of problems there are. But I don't care at all what other brand or model somebody is planning to buy instead, in case they get disappointed in SJCAM. That information has zero value for other SJCAM users.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  11. kamkar

kamkar Elite

That is for sure also a weapon some would use.

/me charging Sj7 as i type. :)

12. quazar912

quazar912 New Member

sales
    Home Page:
    I`m a REAL owner of SJ6 legend, previously of SJ4000wi-fi, and you can check my statement on my YT channel (click on homepage below my avatar). filming durin driving, walking, bike ride.
    I decise to go for SJ CAM because of many reviews from YT where its said "gopro killer awsome video quality"...so I bought SJCAM 4000wifi, but then I realise no EIS , awfull audio, and very blue-ish hue on AUTO recording.
    Then I bought 6 legend, but still have to purchase aditional mic and 4 batteries, and remote (so on recordings click sound won`t be heard). But guess what - video quality of FULL HD isn`t as promised, 4K is not real 4K.
    O yeah, another thnig - camera decide to split my video footage in a numerous smaller parts. So If I recored 1 hour I will ger 2-3-4 parts witch I have to combine in one file...last model 4000 wi-fi didn`t have such issue.It`s like format of micro SD card isn`t NTFS but FAT32.
    fortunatly I had no other prblems I read here about.
    but no new FW to fix this problem. Obviously we will never see new FW because new models been out, so fold models are obsolete.

so far I think the only better solution for me is GoPro.

what extras? it is waterproofe for 10m. maybe I`ll buy anoter batterie.

13. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Good luck with your new camera! I don't have to check anything. I don't want to argue with you. Just explain me, WHY you have to announce your brand choise to SJCAM users? This is SJCAM user's forum, what's the purpose to announce here? Like we care, what camera you'll buy? You spit your frustration on other users, that's not nice! Please, don't do that!
    By extras I meant extra battery, external charger, external microphone etc.
    BTW, are you sure, that Hero7 does not split recorded files?
    https://havecamerawilltravel.com/gopro/gopro-split-video-files/

14. quazar912

quazar912 New Member

sales
    Home Page:
    dude I don`t know why are you angry at me...I`m just saying that SJCAM didn`t fulfill my expectations and what are my reasons. Do I have to write glory and positive stuff only?? People should know the truth about different models of SJCAM

If you feel bad what I`m saying about SJCAM that`s your problem.

McBodik and puslad like this.
  15. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

I am not angry at you, not at all. My experience with SJCAM is not so negative as yours, therefore I plan to use those cameras at least for some time more. And to visit this site for keeping myself updated with new information. It is ok for me, if you complain your issues with SJCAM cameras here. That's among the information I am looking for here. But leave bragging about buying a much costlier camera brand (which has certainly it's own issues, that you actually are not familiar with) and strongly hinting that we, SJCAM users, "are using much inferiour camera, than you plan to buy" out of here, please! That's simply not appropriate here. Or, at least, create another topic for your subject. No hard feelings!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  16. george4salsa

george4salsa New Member

Any news on sj9? Date, spec ecc....

17. kamkar

kamkar Elite

I think the SJ9 will be a SJ8pro in a self contained waterproof housing.

18. george4salsa

george4salsa New Member

Sad, no new improved sensor?

19. McBodik

McBodik New Member

I'll try to add my opinion without any emotions. Maybe it will help somebody to buy or not to buy.
    Shortly: if you are new in action cams and looking good cam (not best, there is no one best) or have oldest one and want to update I think sj9 is just for you.

I'm owner of sj8pro and m20. When sj8 die I'll buy 40/60 sj vs gopro (but it definitely won't be sj9).
    As for me sjcam makes great hardware and bad software.
    Sj8 has not bad, but far from good software. There are a lot of bugs which were reported half a year ago, and... nothing..
    But new cams have been announced.
    From my experience - it is not a problem in developers but in management. Typical mistake: "we don't have any time, we need show new product as soon as possible". If you report issue you'll receive answer like - "it's known problem, we're working on it".
    As for me - it's ok for new company, but not ok for known (which sjcam already is).
    About gopro. They aren't ideal. They have bugs too. They do mistakes too.
    But - look at their community. They communicate with their users. They give them hope:) But it costs (you should understand - people's work costs, not just accessorials).
    So again. If you are new and don't want to spend money to gopro, but sjcam budget is ok - you can buy it. In some time you'll understand if you need something better. If you like your very previous sjcam and want to update - you can buy. In other cases I wouldn't suggest you to buy.

20. quazar912

quazar912 New Member

sales
    Home Page:
    one of the big problems is one shipment of SJCAM have good video and no bugs , but another shipment don`t...so it is all matter of luck when you buy it...no new FW to correct bugs and flaws...