SJ8 AIR Battery Issues

Discussion in 'SJ8 Series' started by susheel.T.K, Jun 2, 2019.

1. susheel.T.K

susheel.T.K New Member

I have been using the SJ 8 Air Official Store purchase, for my travels just under 3months.
    Today when I tried to switch it on it won't turn on
    I removed the battery and reinserted, it doesn't work
    When I connect it to a plug point ,it turns on and all functions and modes function properly
    When I connect to my laptop port ,it flashes for 2 seconds,before displaying USB,mass storage and pc camera.
    I have tried only the mass storage mode,and am able to delete some files too.
    When connecting to PC ,it flashes and I can see the camera charge showing full
    But when I disconnect it from laptop and plugpoints it won't turn on.
    I don't have a spare battery to check
    Do any of you guys faced the same problems
    SJCAM Technical team help is appreciated.
    Pls help me

2. susheel.T.K

susheel.T.K New Member

3. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Trying another battery in your camera or your battery in some other SJ8 Air cameras would certainly give you valuable information about this problem. But if you have no spare battery at reach or some familiar owner of similar camera, then you can't use this method.

Li-ion batteries have a protective circuit built in, and sometimes it fails to recognise the battery as healthy, and wont let charging or discharging to occur any more.

At what state you left the camera before you tried to power it on and found the problem? Was it fully charged, partially charged or empty? And for how long period the camera was left unused before the problem appeared?