SJ7 Timelapse and Long Exposure

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by Luck Hermsen, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Luck Hermsen

Luck Hermsen New Member

Hello everyone,

I've searched Google and the Forum but wasn't able to find any answers.

I'm having the following issue: When I set Timelapse AND Long Exposure, the latter won't work.
    Say I set Long Exposure to 10 sec and Timelapse to 10 as well, a picture will be taken every 10 seconds, but there will be no long exposure effect.

I have tried multiple combinations, such as Long Exposure 5 sec, and Timelapse 10, but this also won't work.

Does anyone know why? Am I doing something wrong?

This combination used to work, I took Timelapse photo's with long exposure during a thunderstorm a few months ago. That might have been with an older firmware though... I'm now on V1.15.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Luck Hermsen

Quisil and Troy like this.
  2. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

Hi Luck,

Not sure if it really does work, but from the recent firmware I have used, timelapse won't work with long exposure.
    I am interested to find out which firware would work though, as it would be really nice to do nighttime long exposure. I'm just worried about flicker should lighting change at any point during recording.
    Post a message at the Wishlist section, the devs take a look at the thread and see what gets requested a lot and try their best to get them implemented the next firmware round. This is the beauty of the SJCAM firmware updates, we know that it still keeps evolving and gets better and better.

Troy

corallino likes this.
  3. corallino

corallino New Member

Capitano di macchina
    Non hai sbagliato , ho provato ad impostare il timelapse a diverse lunghe esposizioni ma restano invariate su quella standard.