SJ7 stops recording after less than 2 minutes

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by peppe, Jul 24, 2017.

1. peppe

peppe New Member

Hi guys,

I have recently bought a sj7 star.
    I using for free diving and at my first dive i note that the camera stops recording before i finished my diving. The files should be during about 3 minutes, but every single recording during less than 2 minutes.

I don't understand what was uppened. The camera had 1.13 firmware and i have upgrade to 1.15.
    The strange things is that: when i start to recording (in the quick start mode) after less two minutes the camera sound like 3 beep and stop recording.

Please let me know

Thank for all

Attached Files:

2. Ray Sanders

Ray Sanders New Member

I have the same problem, mine recorded in two minutes segments, I had to press button each time to restart. I did find though if I plug the camera into the cigarette lighter it stay recording all the time, before I was using a Power bank.
    Please let me know if you find an answer.

3. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

As long as the battery is fully charged, all you should need to do is press "record" and enjoy the dive. With a 64 Gb chip and an external battery, I can shoot for several hours. Each file is about 14 minutes long. The next file opens automatically.

What happens with the camera out of the water, and out of its case? Are you sure battery is charged?

Use the menus to do a full reset to default values. It's possible you accidentally selected an option that you don't want.