SJ7 Star Firmware - Wishlist

Discussion in 'Firmware Wishlist' started by evoixmr, Mar 25, 2017.

1. evoixmr

evoixmr New Member

Please enable the loop minutes option on CAR DV or instead of "Off, On", can it be "Off, 1 min, 2min, 3 min, 5 min, 10min".

On the Loop Minutes, please add 10 minutes.

Inverted view.

FOV option on Camera (Still) mode.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  2. xforspam

xforspam New Member

Low-light video recording is working good in 1.0.6a firmware, however I checked newer firmwares (1.0.9a, 1.0.11, 1.0.12 and 1.0.6b) and it is too dark if to record with low light even with 30fps, AWB Outdoor, ISO 1600 and EV +2 settings. Can it be rectified in some way as it is problematically to record e.g. on road at night?

Tore Hansen, sjcam_admin and Troy like this.
  3. Adam Bialas

Adam Bialas New Member

1. FOV settings in photo mode or add distortion correction
    2 .better preview mode of photos (zoom in , zoom out)
    3. automatic scenarios (Beach/snow , Night mode and other) in menu
    4. better giro stabilization

4. Louis Peek

Louis Peek New Member

Please, a new firmware upgrade so it can make me breakfast.
    Thank you.

sjcam_admin and Troy like this.
  5. SSG

SSG New Member

Dear all,

I have only been using my new SJ7 for a week now and must say I'm already really fond of it. However, I also have many ideas to improve it. I'm currently running firmware 1.09, because 1.13 sets the FOV to narrow without an option to change it, which for me is unusable. Hope this will be fixed soon!

• Cycle through all 6 modes with single clicking the power/mode button, instead of only the current and previous mode (so every mode can be selected without needing the touch screen);
    • Add photo lapse 0.5 sec. and 1 sec. options;
    • Add long shutter feature on video lapse (shutter time is then smaller than time lapse interval of course);
    • Continuous burst photo mode as long as the shutter is pressed, or at least for more than 1 sec.;
    • Separate resolution selection from the FPS selection for clarity (shorter lists, and better and cleaner overviews);
    • The quick capture feature is currently dependent on the mode the camera was switched off in. If switched off in photo mode, quick capture will not capture after the camera is switched on. Make this such that it will always capture in regular video mode;
    • Perhaps a long shot: gyro stabilization on 1080p/120fps, so smooth slowmotion and very steady shots with the same setting...;
    • Make the “swipe down menu” have the same appearance as the “swipe up menu”, and add more “quick setup” options like slowmotion on/off, gyro on/off, etc.;
    • Add screen off option after 10 sec. for increased battery saving;
    • Instead of showing how much free space is on the micro-sd card in photo mode (bottom right corner), estimate the amount of photos that can be taken with the current settings;
    • If the camera is recording and the screen has turned off automatically, pressing the record button will turn the screen on. This might not be the desired functionality for everybody. When pressing the button while recording, I would like the screen to come on and the recording to stop immediately. Create an option in the menu to switch between these behaviors.
    I also vote for the quick setup options like beach, snow, underwater, etc., setting white balance and maybe adjusting EV stops. Also, saving all settings into a user profile (so all 6 modes in one profile) would be useful if settings are overwritten by those (snow/beach/...) preset profiles.

That's it for now. Maybe more to come in the future. Looking forward to future firmware updates!

Cheers!

Dudenow12, corallino, hohol_m and 3 others like this.
  6. SSG

SSG New Member

Follow up: with a quick capture mode as described above, when stopping the recording the camera should immediately switch off as well. All for ease of use, efficiency and battery saving. ;)

Troy likes this.
  7. Lip

Lip New Member

The SJCam 7 Star is epic among the competitors if following software features can be enhanced and fixed.
    1. Distortion correction (Fish-Eye)
    2. The cam hang when I turn off the WiFi in the cam. Remark: Android Device (Huawei Mate9 - SJCam Zone),
    3. Thumbnails of the Videos are not shown through the SJCam Zone.
    4. The WiFi connection is slow.

Hope the next firmware can utilize the SJCam 7 Star better.

8. sjcam_admin

sjcam_admin Administrator Staff Member

These are all awesome.
    Some of these are already in the works, but you know how it goes with software, needs to be really planned out and tested thoroughly.
    Keep them coming you guys!

9. SSG

SSG New Member

Here are some more:

I don't know whether the hardware is physically capable of shooting in RAW, but if so: shooting stills in RAW. ;)

Also, scrolling through the list of videos on the camera is a pain and doesn't really work very well. Swiping your way through tens of pages if you have many videos with each swipe only selecting the next video (so a swipe selects video 1, then 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, then next page, 7, 8, ...) is impossible (or maybe I don't understand what the swipe functions are, then please enlighten me!). Make buttons which will scroll to pages much more quickly, for instance two buttons for previous and next page, two buttons for +5 and -5 pages or something.

Auto microphone level.

Jason, sjcam_admin and Troy like this.
  10. peha

peha New Member

New “Beep” setting.
    Now, we can choose between Beep ON or OFF and have all sounds enabled or disabled.

I would really love an extra option like “Shutter” – the idea is: all sounds from menu are disabled, shutter sound in Photo Mode is disabled, sound of turning on/off the camera is disabled.

The only enabled sounds in the “Shutter” sound profile should be:
    – Video start (1 beep)
    – Video stop (2 beeps)
    – taken Photo (1 beep)

11. Thiago_SJCAM_User

Thiago_SJCAM_User New Member

Home Page:
    Please add the same functionality on remote control that supports, the sj6 model in the sj7 model.
    Example:
    * When you select PHOTOLAPSE mode on the SJ6, I can shoot using the PHOTO button on the remote control, and the capture starts normally in this chosen mode.
    In SJ7 this is not possible, and makes it difficult to use in certain situations.

* Insert the modes change according to SJ6 when clicked the POWER / MODE button
    In Sj7 it only switches between PHOTO or VIDEO

12. Eric5150

Eric5150 New Member

Please add funtionality for external mics that work with GoPro Hero 3 and 4 with the mini usb adapter. For example, the Saramonic G-Mic stereo mic (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NB1G4UF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and others. Your camera needs to let users use remote mics other than your substandard SJCAM external mic which I did buy and try out. Being limited with the audio does not help us Youtube content creators who need the better sound than even your official external mic. I will be looking for a mic for taking videos while flying a Cessna 152 and that requires that the mini usb be able to be plugged into by an external connection to the headphone out of the plane. I bought the airplane adapter for this but I'm pretty sure it will not work as the Saramonic G-Mic stereo mic did not work either. I also have a mini usb to 1/8" stereo adapter coming in the mail, but again, I doubt it will work with your firmware. People need more options to plug in their own mics.

Also, the 1080p 120fps looks very blocky whether it's regular speed video or slow motion. If there's some way to give it a less blocky look like the excellent 1080p 60fps on the SJ7, it would be greatly appreciated as I would appreciate 1080p at the higher frame speed while still having the clarity that the 1080p 60 fps setting has.

Ditgitial Zoom like the SJ6 Legend would also be a very welcome feature.

If you could have a feature to reverse the video so you can record video upside down it would be great. I have looked into mounts for an airplane (Cessna 152) but would need to mount the camera upside down with the waterproof casing. Therefore, the video capture would have to be flipped upside down.

Being able to use the SJ7 STAR as a webcam when connected to the computer would also be another welcome feature for those of us who want to do live broadcasts on Youtube.

All of this is after installing the v1.15 firmware.

Just my two cents
    Eric

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    fega, Midi Hipi, corallino and 3 others like this.
  13. Grio

Grio New Member

Home Page:
    Hello. I have some ideas about useful firmware updates.

1. The LED indication
    Much better indicate record mode by a different color LED lamp. Because it's very annoying every time to check and wait blink blue led or not blink. Maybe you can use the second led for record indication or blink blue led with a very high frequency.
    2. Remote control STOP button.
    If my camera is attached to a helmet I don't have a option to check the record mode. So, then I use the remote control I can't understand is the record begins or i just stops the record. Can you make an option to change the remote control WIFI button to STOP the record. Nothing more. Because I have never use this button for WIFI. And change the video record button to ONLY START record command (not stop even the record is already started). Maybe you can add this features as additional menu option "remote control mode". It would be very useful!
    3. Turn on camera by remote control button.
    The option in the menu. Turn off the camera to a sleep mode, just listens the remote control commands. And waking up by power button or start video record button or any key of the remote control.

Thank you for your great work!

Best regards,
    Grio.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    corallino, sjcam_admin and Troy like this.
  14. Oleg Mukhin

Oleg Mukhin New Member

Security
    Hello friends!
    Please add to option "Time lapse photo" time interval in 1 second? Thank you SJCAM TEAM!

15. sjcam_admin

All suggestions noted. We'll see what can be done. Keep it coming guys!

Grio likes this.
  16. ArekMe

ArekMe New Member

My wishlist ? make linux enviroment more developers friendly, eg for accessing video and audio stream (/dev/video, /dev/snd), api to put something on screen, detect key presses.
    So 3rd party developers can add many more features !

Lazaros Filippidis likes this.
  17. Alu

Alu New Member

Hello SJcam Team,
    1- a Button combination or something to switch between photo and video Mode.(Special in the waterproof housing/No Screen available)
    2- heat fixing
    3- better Navigation in the Playback mode
    And Zoom in and Out function.
    Please make this true;)
    Your alu

18. sjcam_admin

@Alu

For the SJ7 Star, all you have mentioned are already addressed:

1. No need for button combination. When the camera is on, just tap (short-press) the power button once to switch between Photo and Video mode.
    2. Use a fast memory card, Class10 UHS 1 or higher.
    Heat is the result of 2 things:
    • massive power requirement for high performance tasks like 2K and 4K
    • Slow memory card (camera struggles to write data that needs to be dumped to card to free up more processing power)
    3. Playback mode can be navigated using the physical buttons. Shutter for Play (current file), Setup button for next file, Power button to exit to gallery.
    4. Zooming In and Out requires the touchscreen, because I think it is not logical to have the camera in the waterproof case and you want the zoom feature at the same time. Perhaps the FOV function would be best for this purpose.

Hope this helps!

19. GabrielVaneli

GabrielVaneli New Member

1 - Webcam mode
    2 - Live stream for Facebook and Youtube
    3 - Fish eye correction on videos

corallino and Thiago_SJCAM_User like this.
  20. Lazaros Filippidis

Lazaros Filippidis Member

I was wondering, how can one get into playback mode using only the buttons?

sjcam_admin likes this.