Sj7 1080p120fps freezing?

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by Mikus, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Mikus

Mikus New Member

My Star will record 960p120fps with out a blip, but freezes on record at 1080p 120 fps, sometimes after pressing shutter, sometimes after 10 minutes!
    Anyone else?

2. Whitehawk

Whitehawk New Member

Which firmware do you have ? 120fps is bugged in latests firmwares since a long time and is very very ugly (unexploitable)
    SJCam does not fix it like a few others bugs .. this cam is my first and last SJCam, I will sell it soon !

3. Mikus

Mikus New Member

I've given Sjcam the " heave ho". The Yi 4k is head and shoulders above the sj7, and the Yi 4k+ with the H2 SOC also leaves the Sj8 pro in the dust! Log on to dashcamtalk.com and see all the problems with overheating in the sj7. It will swell batteries, if you love to record in 4k with screen on! I've tried all the firmwares including the betas. I would be able after changing a fw to film 1080p120fps for seconds or minutes and then the damn thing would begin freezing sometimes just pressing the shutter-total snafu!They chose a low performing chip the_A12 and it can't hack the slomo mission! I've seen in this forum users of the sj8 pro with annoying programs. I think they have again chosen a cheaper SOC, the H22, and I think that it will also not hack the mission! Also I don't think they are good at writing code.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019