SJ6 problems with FOV and Distortion Correction

Discussion in 'SJ6 LEGEND' started by FrankGL, May 10, 2017.

1. FrankGL

FrankGL New Member

Hi community,
    since March 2017 I'm using a new SJ6 starting with firmware V1.4.3 on a motorcycle. Resolution is 1080 60FPS wide, gyro medium and distortion correction on.

On the first videos on firmware V1.4.3 everything seems to be ok. After update to V1.4.5 I experience a diffrence in FOV with the same settings. The videos seems to be more zoomed in (more near) as bevor. I've tried to change FOV but there was no diffrence during settings between narrow and wide. All videos with the same angle.

After reset to factory standard FOV will be adjustable and it takes effect. But by switching on distortion correction FOV settings will freeze and noch chance to change the settings.

Therefore two points:
    Is there a diffrence in zoom/ FOV in setting wide between V1.4.3 and V1.4.5?
    Blocking FOV settings with distortion correction on is this a bug?

Anybody else in this community who has experience the same?

Best regards from Germany,
    Frank

Troy likes this.
  2. Shmuel Benjamin

Shmuel Benjamin New Member

yes same with my sj6 legend...

I have upgraded to 1.4.6 and noticed something strange…

When I turn the gyro on to high the FOV gets smaller/narrow

How can I fix this?

3. FrankGL

FrankGL New Member

Hi Benjamin,
    it is a SJ6 Legend as well where I`m talking about. Actually the gyro is off and FOV is normal.

4. sampath_sam

sampath_sam New Member

+1 am too facing the same issue on 1.4.5

5. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

Those 3 functions are related to each other in the sense that it uses a portion of what is "seen" by the sensor.

Take Digital zoom for example, it is actually a crop of the image that the sensor "sees"

Gyro stabilization works the same way, the actual image is cropped to a smaller portion, and is what the chipset uses to move around so the image shown stays in one place while the actual whole picture shifts and shakes, giving you a more steady video footage.

Distortion correction is when the image is mapped and digitally arranged in real-time by the chipset so it looks more flat, as opposed to almost spherical or bulging in the center towards the outer edges.

For this reason, gyro, distortion correction, and zoom will always be conflicting with each other.

anigwei and Ken J like this.
  6. Paris_21

Paris_21 New Member

With 1.4.6 firmware for wide image with gyro on must change the fov to narrow. Its strange why happend this but i think its firmware bug. If you close gyro fov works correct.