SJ6 legend in the Himalayas

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Ken J, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Ken J

Ken J New Member

Just wanted to share some samples at the highest resolution on my SJ6 Legend so people can judge the quality on their own. I chose narrow FOV instead of wide distorted image. I'm very pleased with the result and wouldn't mind comments for improvement.

Sometimes the pavement ends

From the top of Kardung La

Morning stroll towards Upshi

I liked the SJ Android app but found it a little awkward to do much editing and it took a little hunting around on the phone file manager to find where my edit was saved to. Would be nice to have an option for naming the file you save. These clips are from edits on that app.

2. Dan

Dan New Member

Thanks for sharing your videos. Were you using Gyro function?

3. Ken J

Ken J New Member

I don't think you can use gyro and change the FOV at the same time. Limitation of the processing power in these small cameras, see https://sjcam.com/community/threads/sj6-problems-with-fov-and-distortion-correction.150/#post-511

I don't think I was using any gyro, we were moving every day, long hours, and gyro could have been on/off at different times but I think I just left it off. It wasn't something i was too concerned about so long as the video quality looked as good as this, we were on some very rough roads and gyro would probably not help with that degree of bouncing around, plus being at pretty extreme altitude there are a lot of things on your mind like "where are you going to charge batteries next", "how do these people function without oxygen" and "where is that other tiny sd card, did I overwrite yesterday or copy it to my phone".

@TonySosa is there a way I can check the original video for what settings it was recorded with, metadata somewhere?

I probably should have gone with the model 7 but it was pretty new when I ordered this and it's my first camera and I was happy with seeing previous recordings. The guy with me on the other bike had some brand that starts with Go, their black edition #3. I could see some color differences between his clips of the same areas but not much. Our recordings are consistent with what I saw some youtube guy showing side by side SJ/Go video. One has a bit more vivid colors and the latter has less shadow areas. I didn't think i'd be too concerned about shadows, no regrets.

Glad you liked them.

Dan likes this.
  4. Dan

Dan New Member

Nice landscapes and great quality video. I imagine, you upload to youtube the original video, without any compression or software in between..
    Anyway, I hope you had an awesome adventure in those special locations :)