SJ6 LEGEND - FAQ

Discussion in 'CAMERA Models' FAQ' started by sjcam_admin, Mar 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sjcam_admin

sjcam_admin Administrator Staff Member

How do I pair my SJ Remote with the SJ6 Legend?
    To pair your remote to your LEGEND: Swipe down from the top > Select Remote Control choose “Remote Control Pairing”. A picture instruction will appear . Press the Video and the Photo buttons on the Remote simultaneously. “Pairing Completion ID” will show.

Why doesn’t my SJ6 Legend power on when I press the power button? A red LED only lights up momentarily and nothing else happens.
    This is to keep your camera from turning on if it the button is accidentally pressed. You need to press and hold the power button for 3 seconds, the SJCAM logo will appear on screen.

How do I change Modes on my SJ6?
    You can do this either by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and choose which Mode you want to enter, scroll up to see more Mode options.

Why can I not play video on my computer or mobile phone?
    Either your player does not have the right CODEC (compressor/decompressor), or your device is not powerful enough to run the video.

Why is my video choppy when played on my computer or phone?
    It can either be 1 of 2 things:
    1. Your computer/device may not have the minimum required specifications to play the videos back; or,
    2. You are playing the file from another source and the data transmission cannot keep up with the video being played. Example: High resolution 2K or 4K file is played on computer, but the source file is in the camera.

What does that blinking hand symbol on my main screen mean and what does it do?
    The blinking hand symbol means that your Gyro Stabilizer is on. It works by analyzing movements of your camera and compensates to keep the video less shaky.

What charger should I use to charge my SJCAM?
    Any microUSB wall charger will do. A charger with a current output of anything from 300mA (three-hundred milli-Amperes) to 1A (one Ampere) is recommended. Anything above 2A might charge the battery too fast and may dramatically shorten its life.
    You may also use the USB ports of your computer.

How long do I need to charge the battery of my SJ6 Legend?
    For most chargers it is usually about 3 hours, but it depends on what charger you use. A PC USB port may charge it slower but keeps your battery safe from charging too fast.
    Remember, the higher the charger's amperage, the faster your battery will charge (rapid charging).
    Note that rapid charging will put stress on the battery, and should be done only when it is called for.

Why doesn't my battery last that long when in colder weather?
    Lithium batteries have a hard time charging in close to zero or sub-zero temperatures, resulting in shorter operating time. Also, battery discharge will be slower too.
    Your battery's charging behavior will return to normal once it is returned to room temperature.

My recording starts and stops, all my recordings are really short. What’s happening?
    This can be caused by several things:
    1. You have loop recording on. Loop recording is usually used when the camera is used as a dashcam for long recordings, to keep the files manageable, making the video file stop at set durations, then continue on automatically without user interference.
    2. You have a bad card. Either the card is having problems or you have an incompatible memory card.
    3. You have a fake size/speed card. You can test if your card has the correct specs on the label by downloading a free software called H2testw. Any discrepancy you see on the software and the label is suspicious.

Last edited: June 4 , 2017

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Ken J and NicSanico like this.
  2. sampath_sam

sampath_sam New Member

in low light it is showing lines in cam and in footage to what i have to do now i got my cam yesterday.. updated to latest built tooo but it dint solved the prblm

3. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

@sampath_sam
    What do you mean "lines", can you show us a screenshot or something we can see so we can guess better what's happening to your camera?

4. Edwin Pio Rufus

Edwin Pio Rufus New Member

I had the same problem with my SJ6 Legend, after Firmware Update the issue got resolved

5. TonySosa

TonySosa Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for confirming :)

6. Dan

Dan New Member

I just got SJ 6 legend. I have firmware 1.4.6 6.9.2017

I don't understand why I get a better image quality using 1080 30 fps, than when using 1080 60 fps. At 1080 60fps is possible to see like kind "pixelated" image, but at 1080 30 fps is look smooth image.

What it would be the reason for this?

FOV narrow, Gyro sensor Off, Bit rate High, Sharpness Strong

7. AndyLG

AndyLG Member

at 30 fps, the sensor has double time to get light than on 60 fps, so it can grab more details in each frame at the cost of less fluid movement. The rule apply always: the more frames per second, the worse the image quality if all light is get by a single sensor, just because of physics

Dan likes this.
  8. Dan

Dan New Member

Thanks AndyLG for the explanation.

Probably, 25 fps will have a better image than 30 fps?

Usually, Im interested to do videos just at home with my son. But also using camera on the car, when using camera on the car, because of the movement, is it better to set on 60 fps?

I thought that the more frames per second, the better the image.
    At least, sometimes I confirmed itself, the more frames per second, the bigger file size.

9. Jason

Jason Moderator

The "industry standard" shutter speed on video is 1/(2*frame rate) so 25fps would have 1/50th second shutter while 50fps would have 1/100 second shutter - this means more light gets let in for a lower shutter rate. The down side to this is that because each frame is exposed for longer any movement has more motion blur so if you are videoing movement you might want to use a higher frame rate to get it less blurry.

Because less light hits the shutter at higher frame rates the camera ups the sensitivity of the sensor by increasing the ISO level. The higher the ISO the more noise the image has so if you're videoing indoors where the light isn't as strong as a bright outdoor scene the ISO may be turned up quite high to be able to get an image which could then be introducing more noise.

Another factor is bit rate. This says how much information is being written to the file - the higher the better. 60fps might have a higher bitrate than 30 but that bitrate is now divided between twice the number of frames so unless the increase in bitrate is double each frame can be getting less information in a 60fps recording than a 30fps recording.

So if you have a nice bright scene 60fps would be fine but once the light starts reducing drop down to 30. The camera generally needs more light than we do.

p.s. Narrow field of view works by cutting out the centre of the sensor image and making it into 1080 - this may cause some loss in resolution (I'm not sure - you may have to try it out) that can cause the blockiness when combined with everything else)

Troy and AndyLG like this.
  10. AndyLG

AndyLG Member

Nice tech answer!!
    I just want to remark 2 points you mentioned:

Currently, we have 30 Mbps on high bitrate setting, which isn't bad but... novatek 96660 can do a little more, up to 35 Mbps without too much trouble. Hopefully, if I repeat this many many times, perhaps SJCAM could raise the high bitrate to the max that the soc can do without melting :)

Yes, you are right, some resolution is lost, and because the cropped image is now streteched, or may I say, resized to the resolution selected, then any defect of the image is more evident because of the zoom-in result of cropping the original image and then adjusted to the resolution selected for recording

Jason likes this.
  11. Arif

Arif New Member

Friends,
    I have a new user of sj6. What is the best best setting for a video recording during day time when there is enough light , during clouds and at night for indoor and outdoor

12. Fernando Fraile Izquierdo

Fernando Fraile Izquierdo New Member

I recently acquired a sj6 camera legend and I have discovered that it does not bring hdmi connection ... Does anyone know why?

Thank you.