Settings Recommendation for Hockey

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by W155L3R, Jan 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. W155L3R

W155L3R New Member

I will look into those programs. Always open to trying different products.

As for the battery pack, I may look into make something work. I don't play ice THAT much though and it will be plenty of time for the roller games.

Amazingly. There were zero penalties taken in this game. Which is pretty rare for adult league. That was only my second time playing with that team but from what I could tell it looked like the Orange part of the number came off somehow. Not sure how that happens but I don't think the different numbers were on purpose.

Funny story. I noticed one of the black teams players was wearing number 12.4 and the name on the back is Large A**. So asked a friend (#43) that skates with them. Apparently when somebody subs in for them that isn't normally on the roster they give him that jersey. Large A** IPA is one of Zer0day Breweries beers. I got a kick out of that.

2. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

As long as your machine has the horsepower to make Resolve sing (lots of CPU, RAM, and serious graphics processor), you really can do major league editing. Shotcut is great for relatively straight-ahead work. It doesn't make the sort power demands as Resolve, but it proves editing isn't for slow machine with weak graphics. Check YouTube for how-to's for both editors.

One of the good things about big batteries is being able to turn on the camera and let it run without having to worry about whether camera will still be shooting.

Gotit about 23. Good one about 12.4. - What's the bike in your avatar?

3. W155L3R

W155L3R New Member

That is 05 Honda CBR600RR. The first and only street bike I have owned. Itching for something a little more comfortable. Not sure what I would get but a new bike isn't really in the cards at the moment.

Pretty excited to get some roller footage this evening.

4. RBEmerson

How about posting a sample video here?

Bikes: Check my YT channel for my current ride ('03 BMW K1200RS), a rental ride ('17 BMW K1600GT), and 0:17 of a loaner (some late BMW 650 GS). Anything after June '17 was shoot with the SJ7, before that with the Sena Prism shooting 1080@30 fps (it won't shoot 1080@60 fps).

5. W155L3R

W155L3R New Member

There is some really FANTASTIC scenery in your videos. I haven't gone through all of them but I certainly will. I'm little jealous actually.

I did get a chance to edit some roller footage. There is a little rough stuff at one point. All I can do is laugh when stuff like that happens. GOAL from yours truly @ 3:14

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Sulev Svilponis likes this.
  6. RBEmerson

Er, own goal @ 3:14? I was looking for one of those "send it down the "ice" shots going in. As far as I can figure, the "fight" (c'mon, no dropped gloves - what sort of a fight is that?) starts at 3:14.

Anyway, did the camera drop off? It looks as though there was a tether. The view from the box was IMHO meh. Still, I'm impressed by how well the lens works for the length of the rink. BTW, where did the suction cup come from? Can you post a picture of it?

7. W155L3R

W155L3R New Member

LOL I skate out for this team. Goal tending tonight for my other roller team. Sometimes we goalies get tired of being shot at and want to shoot at someone else. For this team I am number 10. Red helmet, pants, and gloves. The rush for my goal starts at 3:14. Rough stuff starts at 3:43.

8. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Nice shot!
    To avoid camera falling when fixed with suction cup type mount, it is wise to use a small drop of some gel (like dishwashing detergent or shampoo) between the cap and the glass/wall. I have used this method on long car trips and it just works great!

W155L3R likes this.
  9. 88 Photography

88 Photography New Member

Here is some of the M20 from my sons squirt a game-

W155L3R likes this.
  10. RBEmerson

Agreed. Either a detergent (rinse off after using it) or 91% denatured alcohol (never, ever 70% rubbing alcohol - it's loaded with oils) will get the mounting surface really, really clean. Don't forget to clean the suction cup, too.

11. RBEmerson

Nice save! Just like the old man, eh?

(At least here, YT's follow-up suggested videos included the NZ All Blacks rugby XI doing a haka that intimidated the French team. Recommended viewing)

12. W155L3R

W155L3R New Member

I have since figured out the problem at the roller rink. Their glass was/is filthy. Now it has two circular clean spots at either end and my cam hasn't fallen in my recent games. The SJ7 has really impressed me. For the price you pay you get some real quality video. Ill be skating on the rink they built at Hershey Park Stadium next week and i'm hoping to get some good video. Nice save. He's like me, I can't stand still when the puck isn't in my end.

13. RBEmerson

Hershy Park? Well, heck, that's not very far from me. Maybe you'll get lucky and have two cams some day, when I come to watch the action. Woohoo!