Question about file sizes in different video settings

Discussion in 'M20' started by McVik, Jun 21, 2017.

1. McVik

McVik New Member

Hi

Could someone tell me what is the size of ONE MINUTE video recorded by M20 in the best quality setting in different resolutions and frame rates e.g.
    720p / 30fps
    1080p / 30fps (the most wanted information)
    2K / 30fps
    4K / 24fps

And if the size of file can be easily multiplied by the frame rates e.g. when the size of 1 minute video recorded in 1080p/30fps is 150MB then the size of 1 minute video recorded in 1080p/60fps will be 300MB?

How the file size depends on the video quality settings?

Or maybe you know that there is somewhere any table that shows how file sizes depend on different settings (resolution, frame rate, quality, fov etc.)?

Regards - McVik

2. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

3. McVik

McVik New Member

Thank you @Troy, but...
    The question is how file sizes depend on the video quality setting - the quality means in fact the compression ratio and I think that this is the main factor that affects the file size of the same resolution and frame rates videos. Every manufacturer and every camcorder have its own software (maybe Chinese clones in general do not differ much each other) that has its own compression ratio for each named quality setting, video codec etc., so I'm interested in how it looks in the M20 model.

But after asking my question I got to know that I was mistaken about frame rates because 30 fps and 60 fps are reserved for NTFS standard and I need PAL, so I should ask about 25 fps.

Or maybe you know some place where I can find technical specs of M20 like bitrates depending on video settings like quality, resolution, frame rate etc.? Having a bitrate I can calculate the size of file. Asking about file sizes is not so "technical" and it can answer every user. ;-)

Regards - McVik