Problem with buttons

Discussion in 'SJ6 LEGEND' started by Daro, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Daro

Daro Member

Hey. In the second camera sj6 legend, I have trouble navigating the menu, sometimes pressing one button skips the functions two or three forward. Everything I showed in the film. I was told the camera is new, but I see that there are similar problems in the new.

2. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Maybe you should just press those buttons a bit more firmly? If you press a button just about to the limit, where its contacts are barely touching, it may happen, that several consecutive button presses are sensed by the camera.

3. Daro

Daro Member

I do not seem to push poorly. At every click you can hear a clear click. Even if I push at large intervals. The pressure is not important here is the micro contacts react very quickly.

4. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

From your video I thought, that namely this was your problem, that these micro contacts react too quickly, causing several consecutive switchings. I can't imagine what else can cause intermittent release of contacts, but too weak push. If you push firmly, then how those sequenced clicks can possibly happen? To initiate next click, those contacts should first have to be released and that can't happen if the button is pressed firmly.

5. Daro

Daro Member

Exactly as you write. It does not matter whether I press hard or gently, fast or slow. Sometimes it jumps to the next function and sometimes it is normal. Even so, as I pressed the shutter button, I turned on the menu. The camera was in repair but they could not handle it and replaced me with a new one, but in this new similar buttons work. I use soft 1.4.8 in previous was 1.4.6. It seems to me that these are bugs in the software. These cameras are simply under-developed.​

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  6. TonySosa

TonySosa Administrator Staff Member

At first it looks like the button was not pressed hard enough. Maybe try pressing the buttons while it is in your hand? Do you think this is a hardware or software issue?

7. Daro

Daro Member

As I wrote above it does not matter how I press. Also, pressing the shutter button should not activate the menu. So I think either the whole series of cameras is broken or it's a software problem. For two days the softwares tested are 1.4.6 stable versions. And now I'm sure all previous problems were with the camera software. In version 1.4.6 I have not noticed such problems. The previous version of the software is 1.4.8 last.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  8. AndyLG

AndyLG Member

This also is a bug on the firmware and it should be easy to fix, just adding some flag to the key press in order to allow next click when the key was released at least once or if the sdk allows it, any click event should be trigger on release instead of key pressed

9. AndyLG

AndyLG Member

I can confirm this bug is even worse on 1.4.9 fw :C

10. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Are you talking about virtual buttons or real, mechanical buttons?

11. AndyLG

AndyLG Member

Mechanical