Power on takes a long time !

Discussion in 'SJ6 LEGEND' started by Markus Burkhardt, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Markus Burkhardt

Markus Burkhardt New Member

Is it normal that the cam needs a long time (a few sec) to power on? Snapshots can't make with this cam.

2. sjcam_admin

sjcam_admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Markus Burkhardt, the long-press-to-power-on is a requested feature many months ago, many users were complaining that their batteries would be dead by the time they actually need to take snapshots. The long press may be the best solution (a compromise) to keep the camera from powering on since it is usually kept in a bag and is prone to be accidentally pressed.
    TF

3. Markus Burkhardt

Ah ok, that is a feature. Ok I now this now but mine isn't it ;)

4. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

I still remember when people kept asking for the power-on press to take longer.
    Now that there's a quick-capture option and more people are using it, the long press is in the way. LOL

5. Troy

I still remember when people kept asking for the power-on press to take longer.
    Now that there's a quick-capture option and more people are using it, the long press is in the way. LOL

6. Markus Burkhardt

Where can I find this option?

7. Troy

@Markus Burkhardt
    Go to General Settings (the "gear/cog" icon on the left of the menu) then look for "Fast Record" and "Quickly Photo"
    What they do is, when the camera is turned on, it goes straight into either recording a video, or taking a snapshot

8. Markus Burkhardt

Yes I know this two settings, I had they activated at the beginning.

But the problem is when I turn on it makes a video (I had Video activated), when i change settings it will make a video and when I change the mode it will make a video too.

To much videos that I don't need ;-)

I'm only want a faster power on.

What is the different beetwen Fast Record" and "Quickly Photo"?

9. Troy

Quickly Photo is when you want the camera to power on and the camera takes an instant snapshot.

Fast Record, on the other hand, tells the camera to go straight into recording a video when you power it on. For this one, the soonest you press the shutter button again to stop the recording, the camera will power off after 10 seconds, indicated on-screen as a countdown timer.

They took out the fast power on after people complained like I mentioned above. Even the shortest button-press turns the camera on, even when inside your bag.
    So to avoid inadvertently shooting videos or photos of the insides of people's bags and waste battery power, they requested the long-press power-on. This new procedure cannot be cancelled as it is built right into the firmware to only do that.

You may choose to revert back to an older firmware but you lose other updates and new features as well. I personally prefer the long-press over older firmware.

10. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

SJCAM should change the pressing length for power on to an optional setting for those who need this feature.
    I dislike it - having 3 different SJCAM cameras I have to press every one differently, to turn it on. It never happened, that some camera turned on by accident or without my consent.

11. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

It created lots of confusion, when a FW update, without any warning, changed required length for power button pressing. Many users thought, that their camera is ruined.

12. Markus Burkhardt

Yes that would be great