Template Errors: thread_view

1. The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /www/wwwroot/sjcam.xgtu.cn/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php, line 1523:
    1522: unset($__compilerVar52);
    1523: }
    1524: $__compilerVar37 .= '</div>

Power on issue

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by Allan Cameron, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Allan Cameron

Allan Cameron New Member

I recently received the sj7 star from Amazon yesterday and have updated to the newest firmware immediately upon opening the camera.

Issue:
    The battery must be removed and put back in first before the camera will power up. It does this every time after turning it off. To make matters worse the new housing bracket design is absolutely horrible. I have the sj5000x elite and the housing for that is very well designed. Simply pull in and out of the clip to access the camera quickly. This new design you must unscrew the housing every time you need to take the camera out. So of course I must do this to get at the battery every time i want to power on.

Is this power issue going to be fixed soon? Are you even aware it's an issue?

Please answer these questions so I can simply return it for a refund if needed.

Thanks.

2. Allan Cameron

Allan Cameron New Member

I should also note that even plugging it in via usb to my PC it will still not power on without removing the battery first. However the 2 red lights do come on, but the power button does nothing. I think its a defective camera?

I would like to return this for a refund asap if needed. Awaiting your advice.

3. Allan Cameron

Allan Cameron New Member

Nevermind, i filed for a refund and ordered the GoPro Hero 5.

Thanks anyways

4. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

Really sad to hear about this. Usually, a quick firmware reinstall or update will fix it.

For urgent technical concerns that require the company to reply, please create a ticket at the support center first (support.sjcamhd.com), they have more tools and you can easily track progress on your case. Or use the chatbox if it's nothing too technical.