Power bank recommendations for SJ7 Star

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by Bob, Jan 16, 2018.

1. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

Yet... LOL

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

Those are my power banks, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

3. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

Indeed. Bank #3 is on order. #2 seems to run down after about 4 hours while #1 will do another 1-2 hours on top of that. To be fair, I left the screen on full time. I've cured myself of that bad habit but haven't had time to stress test #2.

4. Jason

Jason Moderator

I like to test my banks with screen and wifi on, because that gives me a reasonable minimum time. Once I set the screen to power off I should get a longer usage time - although I've never really recorded the max usage in the field as
    1. I'm turning the camera on and off and cant remember how long it was on for when not recording.
    2. I don't always have wifi on in the field
    3. I rarely exhaust the power bank given the fact that I get 4 1/2 hours with screen and wifi on.
    My larger power pack is really there to power other things, e.g. power my Panasonic camera, charge my tablet, plug in those multiple battery chargers for when I can't use my smaller banks and have to swap batteries.

I've also just bought a soldering iron so if I ever get round to buying the bits to make an audio cable I'll also use it for that. But that is a big IF.