Pls update new firmware for Sj9 Strike

Discussion in 'SJ9 Series' started by Phatwin2004, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Phatwin2004

Phatwin2004 New Member

I buy it two week ago. And now, it plastic break in door Cable. Software so slow, not have Wifi 5G as introduce. When record hot, about 10 minutes in 1080p 60. You will see fog on sensor and record 30 minutes, it will appear in back LCD. When still hot, touch screen won't accuracy. Micro record audio not good, it so noisy (i see introduce it have 2 mic, but i don't know why it speaker small and so noisy when heard again.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    ColombiaStyle likes this.
  2. Monkey

Monkey New Member

Home Page:
    Hey Phatwin2004. This is Karsten from Metropolitan Monkey. Bad to hear this! Looks like the new Flagship model...
    It would be great if you could send me all of your experience with the SJ9 Strike, so I can write a post about this and reach out to more users.

3. Phatwin2004

Phatwin2004 New Member

Ok. About Sjcam. I’m really fan. But all old versions, i think Sjcam do good. But Sj9 appear, i decision buy it. It can waterproof, i need this function. But when you record videos, about 15 minutes, it will appear fog on Sensor, if do it longtime, it will appear on Main screen -> do it when all door close. If you open all door, it won’t appear. And i found some bugs, when checking it. Record full memory card, it will Error, and auto shutdown by set up. You can release memory card and put in again, it’ll working. When use camera body feel hot, touch screen won’t accuracy. When Gyro on, you can’t use Zoom. Need new firmware to fix some bugs. You can remove plastic like picture below to remove charge door and battery door. But careful, it so easy crack. Charge with Wireless charge, it difficult to control it straight. It charge full, but won’t stop, i test it 5 hour, it say full but continue charge, very hot battery.

Attached Files:

4. Phatwin2004

Phatwin2004 New Member

About super smooth Gyro stabilization, I think this function do good. Battery can record 2-2,5h, in 1080 30p. Really good. Touch screen and glass of sensor with glue around for waterproof isn’t complete good. It ragged. And maybe won’t waterproof.

5. Monkey

Monkey New Member

Home Page:
    I wrote you a private message. Please check it.

6. bokutouzawa

bokutouzawa New Member

Hello Phatwin2004.
    The fog on the inside of the lens cover or LCD cover is due to condensation due to temperature differences.
    The humidity originally contained inside the camera is sublimated by the heat generated by the substrate, and touches the cold glass surface to return to the water.
    It is not water from the outside.

Before closing and sealing the SJ9 lid, you can eliminate condensation by putting a desiccant (silica gel) in the SJ9 to eliminate the humidity of the air inside the SJ9.
    This is a precautionary measure that is also routinely used in diving camera waterproof cases.

7. Phatwin2004

Phatwin2004 New Member

Wen I was using Gopro 6. I record it in a waterproof box. But there's no fog. I think this is not due to the difference in temperature. I have tested and compared many different types of cameras. 2 M20, M10 +, SJCAM SJ8 Air always turn on as my dashcam. But there has never been a case like that! Some information sent to you.