Older 1.5-Inch Screen SJ4000 Series (First batch) Uses A Different Firmware

Discussion in 'SJ4000 Series' started by Troy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

Older 1.5-Inch Screen SJ4000 Series (First batch) Uses A Different Firmware
    Download Links Below

No, your camera is not bricked, you may just have installed the wrong firmware.

Following a thread that has reported some older models of the SJ4000 Series to boot up to a black screen after updating to recent version, we have uploaded the correct specific firmware that users should update into.

THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO USERS WHOSE MODELS ARE WITH 2-INCH SCREENS.

Because of the sheer simplicity of the original SJ4000 series, it is still undoubtably one of the most successful action cameras, and is still in demand. However, since SJCAM has updated the series, newer firmware are also required.

Some of you who still use the first batch need to update using the specific firmware for them.

Here are the download links:

First Batch SJ4000 NON-WiFi 1.5" Screen <---Click this

First Batch SJ4000 with WiFi 1.5" Screen <---Click this

Best that you keep a copy of the firmware for your specific camera someplace so in case you'll need it, you won't have to search for this post.

Remember, if you boot into a black screen it is most likely you installed the wrong firmware, this holds true with all other camera models series. Install the correct one, and your camera will work like nothing happened.

Hope this helps!

2. MT99

MT99 New Member

Does it matter what program save that file ? My pc save it in explorer. I copy the file to the formatted sd card and follow instructions , maybe I'm doing something wrong ? I definitely stuffed the camera up by trying to update it. There was nothing wrong with it.
    Lucky me I decide 2 weeks ago to buy the SJ7 for my upcoming trip to the US this Sunday. After buying the new camera I stuffed this one up. Never mind then

3. MT99

MT99 New Member

JUST FOUND THE PROBLEM !! I tried a different sd card and BINGO !
    Thanks
    :rolleyes: