Noise in Video Playback

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by denis, Mar 10, 2018.

1. denis

denis New Member

Hello, I am from Greece and I bought the sjcam 7star In the video playback of the PC I notice that it makes a pixel (as if it is vibrating or noise) what can happen or what settings should I do?
    Noise is noticed in multiple frames (1080p 100p) when I download to 50 frames or the 25ch or image is clearer with much less noise.
    It's always the image in these cameras, Thanks![​IMG] video demo.jpg

2. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

Using 120 fps or 100 fps seems to be almost unusable because of the problems seen in this frame. Although I have to say this is a better image than some samples shown on this forum.

I'm not aware that playing 1080 @ 100/120 fps back at 50/60 or 25/30 fps improves resolution. Can you post a sample of 100 fps played at 100 fps and the same sample at 50 or 25 fps? You'll probably have to do a screen shot with your PC to capture what's on the PC's screen.

3. denis

denis New Member

First Sorry for my English (I do not know the Language well ..) and Thank you very much for your reply!!!!!!

I have made a small video sample of 1080X1920 100fps over gimba (sjcam) and I notice the following problems:
    1) too much noise and compresses the video
    2) a sound is heard that is probably recorded internally
    3) In the video you will see, the video image (I do not know why) is shaking too much while the camera is in Gimbal
    4) Does not start recording quickly .. (I press 2-3 times and then starts to show rec)
    5) and with Gimbal (in mode-mode with the red light) I turn it right and then I turn it counter-clockwise (to the left) stops in the center .. (not always this ..)

link Youtube:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  4. RBEmerson

You're right, the video quality is not what should have been recorded. Have you tried shooting 4K at 30/25 fps? How about 1080 at 60/50 or 30/25 fps? 120/100 fps seems to have problems - probably firmware errors.

The mic noise you've recorded has happened to other users.

The camera should start with the first short press on the shutter button.

If at all possible, I'd return the camera, using the warranty, to your seller and get a replacement.

I don't know if your problems (1-4) are causing problems with the gimbal. I don't have one so I can't comment on that.

5. denis

denis New Member

Thank you very much for your reply and for the support, THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish to fix a new upgrade to the problem as I would like to see later and some upgrading to Gimbal (slower moves for what smooth video shots ..)
    Today (to be honest because it has been a little sad about me since I did not find any answer somewhere ..) I wanted to give it the camera and buy Go6 but after our conversation here on Forum, I saw a good mood for help and support, so I changed my mind about Go6. Thank you again for your time and help!!

6. RBEmerson

You're welcome. This forum's here to help people with using their SJ7's.

I recommend using firmware version 1.20. V1.21 has a number of problems and isn't very reliable. You can also try V1.15. You won't have the 120/100 frame rates, but the firmware itself is reliable.

I don't know about the GP Hero 6, but as I posted here, the GP Hero 5's video is about the same as the SJ7 in some cases, and not as good in others. One of the things the Hero cameras do better is control how much heat they produce.

7. denis

denis New Member

And so I've read (like Go5 has about the same video with sjcam, in sjcam I really liked the colors and that's why I bought it.) Ok, I will hear your advice and I'll put the 1.20 version (I hope to fix it) Thank you again! Can you please tell me personally which settings you use .. (V.Resul, A.L.Light, sharpnes, AWB, EV, Metering) I ask you if I do not have the correct settings.

Sorry to tire you ... ;-)

8. RBEmerson

No bother. [/smile]

See this article for both V1.15 and V1.20 as well as one way to do updates.

As for settings, aside from choosing the resolution, frame rate, and turning on the EIS (gyro), I use the default settings. Here's a playlist shot with 1.15 (the latest firmware in July '17) and default settings.

For color rendition, if it's important, it's better to change things in post-production, with color grading. Depending on the editor (I use Blackmagic Design's Resolve V14 - free version), anything from individual objects to an entire scene can be shifted dramatically (daytime made look like nighttime). As long as the color's close to right, shifting to warmer (more red) or cooler (more blue), as well as changing contrast and brilliance is possible.