New firmware app 1.2.8

Discussion in 'SJ8 Series' started by Kameleons, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Kameleons

Kameleons New Member

new firmware 1.2.8

News?

2. SiB77

SiB77 Member

3. Tanmoy

Tanmoy New Member

4. SiB77

SiB77 Member

It came from phone app so yes.

5. Tanmoy

Tanmoy New Member

Moderators, is this official?

6. DenisJ

DenisJ New Member

Tanmoy it is official, 17MB size update from app. What i would like to know is what bugfixes are actually fixed? Im still hanging on 1.2.4, don't want just to randomly update...

Tanmoy likes this.
  7. HighlyHopeful

HighlyHopeful New Member

I was about to just give up on SJCAM after buying the 8PRO at pre release and being disappointed at how unrefined and buggy it was. Especially since it took them almost a year to get it to market. I could never download videos as it would quit 1/2 way through or you just couldn’t find the downloaded movie and just resolved myself that I would just have to get videos off the card via my computer. The other day they released a new iOS App version and it immediately crashed upon opening ( not that the prior version was worth crap, as it too didn’t fully work, but it at least loaded ) yesterday they released a fix and now it doesn’t crash. Today I installed firmware 1.2.8 tnrougn the app and tested a download. It worked, I was amazed and shocked. It’s actually downloaded. But the test wasn’t over. I looked in my albums and the file was actually there. ( a first ) before you could never find where it downloaded the files to. Some obscure place - lost and tying up space ( I presume ). That you could sometimes find through file manager, but then had to drop box it and then download it to cute cut pro ( what a pain in the *ss ) But today after having this unit for only 6 FREEKING MONTHS I can actually harvest files directly from the camera to my iOS device and edit them. Hopefully the firmware 1.2.8 didn’t screw up something that previously worked, but for now the fact that I’m able to DL a movie and edit it in cute cut pro is probably the best thing to happen this morning besides my cup of coffee. Ya I know, the damn camera and app should have worked from day one, but the fact it actually does now at least makes me believe ( for now ) a little less that I didn’t just waste my money.

saints5354 and Tanmoy like this.
  8. Tanmoy

Tanmoy New Member

Being hopeful with this update!

9. Beckler

Beckler New Member

I have 0 hope. Camera all buggy and barely works even tho I can now basically use it on 1.2.5. Bad support, design, firmware. I mean c'mon, big firmware problem is/was with power on camera. Wow. Not even close to worth it, esp. with hero 6 at current prices. If this was 1/4 the price of gopro, then ok. Only reason I didn't get gopro was no video-out anymore.

10. Tony9189

Tony9189 New Member