Need your help please.. What is this cable

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by Redouane, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Redouane

Redouane New Member

Hi
    Please I would like to know what is the use of this cable and how do we use it please... It's for sjcam sj7 star... Look at the pictures please????it's strange... It's has micro USB..... It's strange because sj7 star has mini USB.... Please advise????

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  2. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

@Redouane
    Sorry mate, can't see how the plug looks like from those angles. Post another photo showing the small plug.

The connector should look like this:
    upload_2017-7-12_15-16-13.png

If not, then either they sent you a wrong one, or you chosen the wrong one by accident.

3. Redouane

Redouane New Member

Here is the one I received and I think it's the wrong one... Thanks for helping me.

Attached Files:

4. Arhimandrit

Arhimandrit New Member

Hi, this cable is not for SJ7 Star. Because it is Micro-USB and SJ7 Star is supporting only Mini-USB port.
    This cable you can using, fop example, for SJ5000X Elite or M10. For your Cam you should use:
    http://sjcamhd.com/product/sj6-sj7-fpv-cable/

Troy likes this.
  5. Troy

That cable you have is a MicroUSB cable, not compatible with the SJ7.
    You can use the same cable you use for Android phones, as almost all of the current Android smartphones use MicroUSB as standard.

@Arhimandrit
    That cable you have in the link is for FPV and may not work for his intended purpose. Unless, he plans to use it with drones of course. :)

6. Arhimandrit

Arhimandrit New Member

@Redouane , forget to notice you - you can use this cable as power cable + TV Out.
    You can connect your SJ7 cam to your TV and see what's cam is recortding now. Even without battery. Ways to use a lot. It all depends on your imagination

@Troy , to tell the truth, there are no too many differences between cables. All difference is in different ports. Micro USB / Mini USB.
    TV Out / Cables and USB 2.0 / Cables. Both cables are working in the same way.
    In Addition, I connected my SJ5000X Elite Cam via http://sjcamhd.com/product/sjcam-accessories-av-cable/
    Now it's recording and "streaming" at the same time.

Unfortently, now MiniUSB is old port. Most of all Smartphones are creating with MicroUSB, because it's more compact. I made this desition according to Assortment of SmartPhones in my shops. Maybe in your area situation is different.

7. Troy

Well, he was asking what the cable he has is for.
    What he seems to need something *not* for FPV use,
    This one in your link (see picture) does not have a standard sized USB on the other end, and the extra cables are for PWM for drones to control the shutter..

upload_2017-7-13_22-16-28.png

I think it is pretty standard nowadays all over the world to use MicroUSB, which replaces the old MiniUSB.
    Just that, some capabilities are needed so they had to turn to the MiniUSB for the SJ7 Star, SJ6 Legend.

8. Arhimandrit

Arhimandrit New Member

Well, it is.
    But, as I said before, we talking about same cables with same functionality but with different ports :)

9. Troy

@Arhimandrit Well, I think it may confuse other users to buy that cable when what they really need is a straight up basic USB to MiniUSB cable without complicated wirings like the PWM link you showed.

Why don't we ask the Original Poster. Maybe he can shed some light what his intended purpose is.
    @Redouane can you tell us what you need the cable for?

10. Troy

I just want to add that ports do not dictate what the cable is for.

● Not all USB charging cables carry data. Some cables carry data, some don't, and this is the reason why many car USB cables when plugged to a computer won't work at all if your intention is to transfer files.
    ● USB plugs intended for Audio has a different pinout.
    ● USB cables intended for PWM are for a very specific set of tasks and will not work if the application is incorrect.

11. CobbKanki

CobbKanki New Member

Hi...the SJ4000 has both HDMI out and USB out as the photo shows. It will transmit a video signal as well as record to its mini SD card at the same time however it will not work with any Zenmuse gimbals such as the H3 or H4s as they use a different output plug.