My phone doesn't read the video!!

Discussion in 'SJ5000 Series' started by Lana.2010, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Lana.2010

Lana.2010 New Member

Hi dear, I recieve SJ cam 1 mounth ago, so I'm not an expert.
    I've already made some video, I've correctly connected the camera with the phone app and that was all okay.
    But yesterday I made a lot of video, then I try to download with app, as usual, and when I try to open to see them on my phone, the file doesn't open up. It is like it is a broken file!!
    I've tryed 100 times today. I try to put the sd card directly on the phone, the phone read just 3-4 videos!!
    I've tryed to pass the video on PC and then transfer to the phone or to the samsung tablet.
    Nothing goes.

I'm exhausted!!
    Please help me!!

Laura

2. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

It is unclear for me, if your videos play in your PC? If they play there, but not in your phone, then this is solely problem of your phone. Maybe it run out of free space?

If you can't pass your videos even to your PC, then possibly files on your memory card got damaged. This kind of things just happen, especially, if to remove memory card from the slot during data tranfer. Memory card is not so good medium for prolonged storage of files.
    You may try to use some data recovery utility. I use ZAR, if I have any troubles with getting my photos or videos out of my memory cards.

Damian Holt likes this.
  3. Papajosh

Papajosh New Member

Maybe your phone doesnt support playing videos in MOV format.

4. Troy

Troy Administrator Staff Member

This link might be relevant to you as it involves file codecs, and inter-playability.
    How to play 4K videos and other resolutions from your SJCAM

Note that certain files, depending on what phone or brand, may not readily play.
    You may try other media file players like VLC, MX Player, etc. Otherwise the device might not "know" exactly what to do with it,
    even if the container has the filetype MP4, if the compression method is different, it needs to be read by your device in the correct way.

Papajosh and Damian Holt like this.