motorcycle settings

Discussion in 'Tips, Guides and Tutorials' started by Vstrom650, May 4, 2018.

1. Vstrom650

Vstrom650 New Member

Hello, i have a few questions about the sj6 and motorcycles. can i use external power source to power my cam for longer record times than a battery.How can i mute the recording sound with out shutting off the volume And lastly what mode should i use for extended recording, video of video lapse? Thanks!!

2. Ken J

Ken J New Member

For longer recording time you're basically going to have to sacrifice resolution. Nothing technical you can do other than buying bigger/more SD cards. I took three 64GB on my trip, two would do well. I ended up dropping one in a parking lot near the end of the trip but since I'd copied all the video to my phone the night before it was not really worth going an hour back just to try finding a tiny SD card.
    You have made a good choice with a Vstrom and also an SJcam ;)

3. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

1. You can use external power source, there is a special casing available that allows to use external power even with the case on. See https://sjcam.com/product/sjcam-accessories-sj6-legend-waterproof-case-car-charger-motorcycle/

2. You may use the AUDIO setting from the Video mode options menu to enable or disable recording of sound together with your video, without adjusting the Volume setting.

3. Video lapse mode is for special purpose. It accelerates the video. All depends on what is your aim - if you want to record short overview of your trip, where you rush through the scenary, then the Video lapse Mode is right for you. But as it takes only one to two frames per second at most, the Video lapse mode is not good for reviewing details, it may miss the moment, that you hoped it recorded. In the Video lapse mode generally a battery lasts significantly (up to 3 times) longer.