Making my video review of the SJ7 Star. Want to chip in?

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by The Jungle Explorer, Oct 5, 2018.

1. The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer New Member

Video Influencer
    Home Page:
    Well, the time has come. I have had the SJ7 for enough time now and tried to work through the problems with it that I feel that I can fairly assess it's Pros and Cons. I have completed the shooting stage and am now in the editing stage. Here are the topics I covered.

1. Video Quality - Pro
    2. In Studio Still Audio Quality - Pro
    3. Outdoors Action Audio Quality - Con
    4. Menu System intuitiveness & ease of use - Con
    5. Non-waterproof frame housing - Con
    6. On/Off tone sounds - Con
    7. Overheating problems - Con
    8. Mini USB Port compatibility issue - Con
    9. Non- Compatibility with aftermarket external mics - Con (because the only available Sjcam external mic is garbage)
    10. Sjcam customer support - Con (ROTFL!)
    11. Sjcam Company commitment to their products - Con

With over 3000 subscribers to my youtube channel,I expect this video to have many thousands of views in the next few week. If you have any suggestions for additional aspects to cover, please submit them and I will consider shooting some addendums to my review.

2. HR-Mike

HR-Mike New Member

- remote controller ?

3. The Jungle Explorer

Video Influencer
    Home Page:
    I did not get a remote control. I used the app, which worked but I used very sparely because leaving the wifi on reduced my battery life on my sj7 by 30%. But thanks for the idea. My review is already live anyway. I gave SJCAM plenty of opportunity to have an impact on the direction of this review, but they did not seem to care. I tried my best to get help on these forums, but all I got was work-arounds, and not fixes for problems. I will never ever buy another SJCAM product. Not because the sj7 did not really good video, but because the SJcam company is a joke. They try to play themselves off like they are a big league company like GoPro, but they are just another run of the mill cheap Chinese company with too big of a head for themselves. They really do not care about protecting their brand. The just keep releasing new products in the hopes they can find enough suckers to buy them. Well, they will not sucker me again. Once my video has 20 thousands views, I bet they will start caring about me, but it will be way too late.

4. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

Yep! It will be too late! This camera model will be obsolete, when your video finally gets 20 K views. With 2 days it has only 12 views. With this rate it takes more than 9 years before your video gets 20 K views!

5. The Jungle Explorer

Video Influencer
    Home Page:
    Talk about validating everything I just said! Wow! Thanks for backing me up dude. Your feeble attempt to minimize the impact of my video is a great representation of the overall attitude of the SJCAM company that could care less about it's customers.

Don't be fooled. My videos start off slow, but pick up momentum. There has been a general down trend due to the news cycle consuming a lot of attention. My review is not only about this one camera. It is about the SJCAM company as well. This review is just out the gate. Here is the review that I did for the DBpower EX5000 and it currently has over 51K views . .

Don't worry. The views are coming and I can gurantee you that no one who watches my video will touch another SJCAM product with a 10 foot pole. So in two days, I have potentially caused SJCAM to lose 12 sales. Let's see, 12 X $170 = $2,040. I wonder how much that number will be when this has 51,000 views like my DBpower video. Even if the average loss to SJcam is as low as $20 per view, that is still over a million dollars in lost sales.

So keep up your snarky attitude and treating customers like crap. You just keep laughing. Laugh all you want. You are just giving me more reason to make more videos about how bad the SJCam company is.