M20 video Issue.

Discussion in 'M20' started by Riccardo, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

I
    I seriously doubt, that the culprit was this memory card.
    I suggest to reformat the card in the camera and shoot some tests. I believe, that some camera settings affected the quality, not the card. Most possibly this issue was caused by too high ISO. You may test, if setting the ISO to the max value repeats this issue.

2. Henco

Henco New Member

Could you solve this issue? I get the same with gyro on, focus is horrible when I run with the cam as an example, as if focus is changing all the time. Photos are fine. My Eken cam without gyro is much better, always in focus. I wonder if this can be caused by fast movement and gyro correction. Will also play with ISO settings. My cam was also totally out of focus out of the box! Not happy with SJCAM’s quality checks...

3. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

These cameras have fixed focus. That means, that the focus will not change.
    If your video is blurry, when recorded while you was running, then the most probable reason is, that there was simply not enough light.

4. Henco

Henco New Member

I do not think it is bad lighting, it would focus perfectly and then sort of periodically it would go “out of focus” with no change in lighting conditions. I can for example not use this as a dashcam with gyro on, blurs all the time while moving. I’ve taken videos with my Eken next to sjcam and Eken always keep perfect focus. Maybe the gyro algorithm can’t handle it when shake is too much or too fast?

5. Henco

Henco New Member

Aha! Sorted! The lens is faulty, when shaking it I can hear something rattling in the lens. Switched lenses with the Eken and now it is working fine. No wonder focus did not work when camera was shaking, the lens was moving all the time. Will have to replace it, hopefully I can convince Sjcam to send me a new lens, otherwise I will buy a replacement lens.