M20 update ideas.

Discussion in 'Firmware Wishlist' started by Marky Mouse, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Marky Mouse

Marky Mouse New Member

I would like to see more features on this camera. It's one of the best action cams out there. I recently bought another because it's so great.

I would like to see sync option on the app to sync time/date with your phone. (I've seen this feature on other lower budget cams)

Long exposure for video time lapse.

Maybe bump 1080p to 90fps for slower slow motion.

Automatic exposure bracketing (aeb) I know this isn't a fancy dslr camera but it would be great to have greater exposure control settings.

All these features can be added to any sjcam.

2. Marky Mouse

Marky Mouse New Member

Oh and I almost forgot, having the option to choose from saving RAW photo only for time-lapse and single shot. This would free up some memory space when shooting a lot of RAW photos. Ideally there would be 3 options to choose from:
    JPG
    RAW+JPG
    RAW

Repost from another thread in hopes that they listen =)

HYPA Berlin likes this.
  3. Ephraim

Ephraim New Member

Faster speed for wifi connection. Lag issue.

HYPA Berlin likes this.
  4. sjcam_admin

sjcam_admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi Guys!
    Since we are collating all these wonderful suggestions for features, it is very easy for our technical staff to be overwhelmed with information.
    Might we suggest that requests be formatted in this manner:

FEATURE REQUEST: (A very short description of the suggestion, set it in Bold, and in ALLCAPS. Example: VIDEO START/END BEEP)
    Description/Reason: (Example: Make Start and Stop sounds different. I want to be able to tell if the recording is starting or stopping just by the beep alone)

Then do this for each feature you want to see added.
    Please make 1 comment post for each feature request, so that community members can vote by pressing the Like button.
    Keep them coming guys!

HYPA Berlin likes this.
  5. HYPA Berlin

HYPA Berlin New Member

FEATURE REQUEST: HOTPIXEL REMOVAL CHECK REQUESTER
    Description/Reason:
    When you keep pressing the Play Button for longer the M20 goes into its Hotpixel Check... Nice feature, but sometimes you want to switch off the camera and get for some reason the wrong button pushed you end up in the hotpixel removal... Would be nice to have a checkrequester before starting the actual check... or at least prolong the activation time to 10 sec's so there's no way to activate it accidentally...;)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    203 likes this.
  6. HYPA Berlin

HYPA Berlin New Member

FEATURE REQUEST: STORE CONFIG IN FILE
    Description/Reason:
    How about an option to store the config of the camera to a file on the sdcard... Would be nice to store different configs an load em up, when necessary... Also less hassle if the battery goes flat... make it an option, so it doesn't confuse lesser experienced users...;)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    f1oren likes this.
  7. 203

203 New Member

I agree. Hot pixel checking needs to be moved in to the settings menu. It is currently too easy to accidentally activate this function

HYPA Berlin likes this.
  8. 203

203 New Member

IMPROVED SINGLE BUTTON "POWER ON RECORD".
    The "power on record" function is not as good as that found on other action cameras, like the Sony AS series. It is too slow to start. Time is wasted displaying the splash screen before recording starts. There is no need for a splash screen. Stopping recording often requires a button to be pressed twice depending on whether the screen saver has activated or not. This is not always practical in active use. The M20 should have simple one button start and stop recording from a powerd off state.

9. 203

203 New Member

SCREEN BRIGHTNESS CONTROL
    The M20 has no setting to adjust the screen brightness. A brightness control would be a useful feature for some users.

HYPA Berlin likes this.
  10. 203

203 New Member

IMPROVE START UP TIME. REMOVE SPLASH SCREEN
    The M20 is slow to start up compared to other action cameras. Speeding up start up time would be useful to quickly capture something. The splash screen is not necessary and just makes the camera feel slower and makes the user wait before they can use the camera.

f1oren likes this.
  11. HYPA Berlin

HYPA Berlin New Member

FEATURE REQUEST: MANUAL WHITE BALANCE
    Description/Reason:
    Give accurate White Balance and lock it for the recording if desired...

12. f1oren

f1oren New Member

ADD PREFIX OR SUFFIX IN FILENAME

I use several cameras SJCAM, it would be convenient to have an option to add a suffix or a prefix in the name of video files.

eg. yyyy_mmdd_hhmm_frontcamera
    yyyy_mmdd_hhmm_rearcamera
    frontcamera_yyyy_mmdd_hhmm

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  13. f1oren

f1oren New Member

SYNC CAMERA RECORDING (START/STOP/DATETIME/VIDEO SETTINGS)

It is very common today to use multiple cameras and it is convenient to be able to easily synchronize them with start & stop.

It would be convenient if a camera could be set as the main camera and the other cameras would be slave cameras. When the main camera starts recording it triggers recording on other cameras and ditto for shutdown. All using bluetooth to limit power consumption.

The main camera being controlled using either the buttons on the camera, the SJCAM remote control or the mobile application

On my bike I will greatly appreciate this possibility and even more if a video editing application allowed me to mix different cameras (front, rear) with picture in picture. This exists on smartphone?

14. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

The ID info would have to be embedded in the firmware, the f/w would have to be altered to add the ID text. Given the current state of f/w advance - none - don't hold your breath waiting for this.

15. f1oren

f1oren New Member

TAKE PICTURE DURING A VIDEO RECORDING

Being able to take a photo with the remote during a recording would be a big advantage to save time. Currently to take a picture you have to stop the recording. Other cameras have this very handy feature

16. RBEmerson

This issue has come up before. There may be some wiring, supporting video on drones, that might do this. I don't recall seeing this put to use.

The solution that may work best is not very elegant but... start each camera. A card in front of each camera will identify what raw video came from what camera. A clap board or loud horn will give a point to sync to. Not very elegant but it should get the job done.

f1oren likes this.
  17. RBEmerson

Many video editors can render a "freeze frame" from video. That's about as close as you're going to get here.

18. f1oren

f1oren New Member

CONTROL MULTIPLE CAMERAS WITH ONE REMOTE

probably one of the most common requests and one wonders why SJCAM still does not offer this possibility while it is common today to use multiple cameras.

19. f1oren

f1oren New Member

yes obviously everything is possible (or almost) a posteriori but why waste time and make things more complicated? (I use VLC for that)

I have several cameras SJCAM, I have the remote control SJCAM, it is a pity that all this does not work better ;-)

20. f1oren

f1oren New Member

according to the support of SJCAM this option exists on the cameras SJ6 Legend but I did not see anyone to speak about it?

[​IMG]