M20 - FAQ

Discussion in 'CAMERA Models' FAQ' started by sjcam_admin, Mar 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sjcam_admin

sjcam_admin Administrator Staff Member

How do I pair my SJ Remote with the M20?
    Press the Power/Mode button on the top of the M20 right next to the Shutter/OK button until you get to the Mode selection screen. Scroll down using the Down button on the side of the camera to see more Mode options until you get to the Remote Icon. Press the OK button, select “On” then select “Remote Control Pairing.”
    A picture instruction will appear. Press the Video and the Photo buttons on the Remote simultaneously. “Pairing Completion ID” will show.

Why doesn’t my M20 power on when I press the power button? A red LED only lights up momentarily and nothing else happens. (Firmware v1.2.9)
    This is to keep your camera from turning on if it the button is accidentally pressed. You need to press and hold the power button for 3 seconds, the SJCAM logo will appear on screen.

How do I change Modes on my M20?
    Press the Power/Mode button on the top of the M20 right next to the Shutter/OK button until you get to the Mode selection screen. Scroll down using the Up and Down buttons on the side of the camera to see more Mode options.

What charger should I use to charge my SJCAM?
    Any microUSB wall charger will do. A charger with a current output of anything from 300mA (three-hundred milli-Amperes) to 1A (one Ampere) is recommended. Anything above 2A might charge the battery too fast and may dramatically shorten its life.
    Alternatively, you may also use the USB ports of your computer.

Why can I not play video on my computer or mobile phone?
    Either your player does not have the right CODEC (compressor/decompressor), or your device is not powerful enough to run the video.

Why is my video choppy when played on my computer or phone?
    It can either be 1 of 2 things:
    1. Your computer/device may not have the minimum required specifications to play the videos back; or,
    2. You are playing the file from another source and the data transmission cannot keep up with the video being played. Example: High resolution 2K or 4K file is played on computer, but the source file is in the camera.

What does that blinking hand symbol on my main screen mean and what does it do?
    The blinking hand symbol means that your Gyro Stabilizer is on. It works by analyzing movements of your camera and compensates to keep the video less shaky.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  2. andergrin

andergrin New Member

Does gyro stabilizer work on photo and time lapse mode, or it's working only when you shot video?