M10 Series - FAQ

Discussion in 'CAMERA Models' FAQ' started by sjcam_admin, Mar 3, 2017.

1. sjcam_admin

sjcam_admin Administrator Staff Member

M10 Series - FAQ

How do I know if my camera is an authentic SJCAM?

For the ones that come in the new box, there’s a scratch portion there to reveal a security code.
    Go to http://www.sjcamhd.com/safe/ to get to the SJCAM Authentication Page, and then enter your Security code to check
    whether your camera is genuine or fake.

For the older version, the only ways to find out are a) it has an SJCAM logo; or b) if the firmware update will works.
    Please note that if you end up having a fake SJCAM, you will have to go to that camera’s manufacturer to get their firmware installer to get it back working again.
    One good resource for this is on Pevly’s website: Click here.

How many models does the M10 series have?
    There are currently available 3 versions of the M10 series available in the market today.
    There is the M10 Basic, the M10 WiFi which uses your mobile phone’s wifi to connect to the SJCAM Zone app. Then there is the M10+ that uses a gyro to stabilize the video image when recording.

What memory cards do you recommended for SJCAM cameras?
    16GB or 32GB original, well-known brands with high quality, high input/output writing speeds, and class 10 at least. SDHC versions are recommended. The following micro SD memory cards have been tested and performed well with all of the SJCAM devices:

Silicon Power Micro SDXC 64GB Class 10 (only with selected models)
    Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB (only with selected models)
    Samsung EVO C10 32GB
    Sandisk Extreme C10 32GB
    Lexar EVO C10 32GB
    Transcend Premium 300 C10 32GB
    Sandisk C4 32GB
    Sony C10 32GB
    Sandisk C6 16GB
    Kingston 16GB
    Transcend C10 16GB

What memory card size do I need?
    For 1080p of video, you get around 2:20mins on a 16GB memory card.
    720p 60fps is about the same, 720 30fps is roughly double that(or 4:30 min). Be sure to get a branded Class-10 card so you don’t run into problems when you’re already recording

What charger should I use to charge my M10?
    Any MicroUSB wall charger will do. A charger with a current output of anything from 300mA (three-hundred milli-Amperes) to 1A (one Ampere) is recommended. Anything above 2A might charge the battery too fast and may dramatically shorten its life.
    You may also use the USB ports of your computer.

How do I change Modes on my M10?
    The M10 has 4 basic modes: Video, Still, Playback, and Settings. When on, press the Power/Mode button on thet top of the camera next to the Shutter/OK button to get to the next Mode. Other sub-modes (like timelapse, etc) are available by scrolling thru the settings mode.

What charger should I use to charge my SJCAM?
    Any microUSB wall charger will do. A charger with a current output of anything from 300mA (three-hundred milli-Amperes) to 1A (one Ampere) is recommended. Anything above 2A might charge the battery too fast and may dramatically shorten its life.
    Alternatively, you may also use the USB ports of your computer.

2. Matt Hancock

Matt Hancock New Member

Hi,
    I had my M10WiFi fixed under warranty recently and now the loop recording function is not working. Once the SD card is full, the record light keeps flashing but the video is not recorded onto the card. I am running V1.8
    thanks
    Matt