Lens Cap

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by Monica, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Monica

Monica New Member

semi retired
    Well it took me all of 1/2 day to lose the brilliantly designed (not) clear silicon lens cap for my new SJ7. Any idea where to get another one (or 20 of them)? (maybe brightly colored)
    Also would like to have a cover for housing lens. Does anyone know if any of the gopro ones on amazon will fit?

2. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

Ace Hardware sells a four-pack of black or white plastic ends for outdoor furniture. The one that's right as a lens cover is, conveniently, a bit on the small side, which gives a good grip. The best I can suggest for the lens port is to make up lens cleaner and keep a micro-fiber cloth handy.

Find a small spray bottle (mine used to have lens cleaner solution from Lenscrafter in them). fill it half full with distilled water. Add 91% alcohol, toss in a couple of drops of dish detergent, and there's a good lens cleaner. Do not use rubbing alcohol. It has oils, scents and everything bad for cleaning lenses. 91% alcohol is just alcohol and not much else.

3. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

The adapted "lens cap" is 1" in diameter. It slides about halfway down the lens barrel.