Is it normal for Car DV (dashcam) video to be in multiple files?

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by Bob, Jan 23, 2018.

1. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Humbled by events

Grossglockner is a relatively easy ride. I'm sorry I didn't have time to do the last little cobblestone stretch from where I stopped to take pictures. As long as they're dry, cobblestones aren't that hard to ride on (see my St. Gotthard video).

The exposure adjustment is on the slow side but that's how it is with this camera. I don't think it's much off what I see in most videos.

2. Abhijit Gadhave

Abhijit Gadhave New Member

By the way, how to set the rotation? on which Video format does the rotation work?

3. RBEmerson

The rotation is First In First Out. That is the first or oldest file is over-written by the newest file. The file format REMAINS .MP4

4. Sulev Svilponis

Sulev Svilponis Elite

If you need upside down (rotated camera) recording, then use the Image Rotation option from the menu.

5. RBEmerson

Depending on the firmware version, the timestamp is inverted, the image isn't. I recommend not trying to invert the image. Several video players can invert the video properly when playing it back. If you're using a PC, MPH-HC, a free player, does inversion on playback.

MPC-HC is no longer being developed, but I see no reason not use it. It's easier to work with than VLC, at least in this setting. VLC will do the playback, but getting it to play back in the right way 'round can need a couple of extra steps.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018