i have simple question for sj7star

Discussion in 'SJ7 Star' started by rickylee, Mar 28, 2017.

1. rickylee

rickylee New Member

i received sj7star today from hongkong. its firmware is 1.09a. sjcam website have uplorded 1.06a. which one is last one?

i have m20 and x5000elite, these are both can be check after record in LCD.
    but i can't find sj7star that function. so if i want check picture or video i have to connect to PC or smartphone?

2. Peter Watkins

Peter Watkins New Member

Definitely 1.09. I have no idea why this Sjcam Website is SO far behind. The other "Official SJCAM User Forum" also only has 1.0.6. I was sent 1.0.8 directly by e-mail from Sjcam as I had signed up as a firmware tester. However 1.0.9 was not sent but was downloaded from a third party site. The firmware however is official - as also confirmed by it being on a camera delivered directly today. It has a couple of new features already promised like In-Camera Slow Motion and improvement in Low-Light recording. However remember that, as the number is still below 1.1.0, it is still beta-test firmware. The official release of this camera will only come with v1.1.0 first full firmware release.

It seems you have only found the Settings Menu accessed from the settings button. There are two further "Quick Menus". Accessed by swiping the Touch Screen Up and Down.. Swiping the screen Down gives an Icon Menu which includes File Playback and Delete - separate for both Video and Photo. You can playback on the screen or via HDMI connection. As well as Icons for Wi-Fi and Remote Control Pairing. Swiping Up gets you to a Mode Menu which gives modes such as Vido Lapse, Photo Lapse, Photo Burst and Timer.

3. Victor YEUNG

Victor YEUNG New Member

Hi Ricky,

I am from Hong Kong. Can you tell me where you get your new sj7Star?

4. Victor YEUNG

Victor YEUNG New Member

Hi Ricky,

I am from Hong Kong. Can you tell me where you get your new sj7Star?

5. xforspam

xforspam New Member

as I investigated with my camera, firmware v1.0.6a works much better with low light (at 30 fps) than 1.0.9. Maybe I had non correct 1.0.9. Can you share 1.0.9 file you used? I am not a beta tester just wanted to use as new firmware as possible. Many thanks.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  6. Victor YEUNG

Victor YEUNG New Member